Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anybody installed the big silver aluminum Raptor skid plate on a non-Raptor. I have a question about bolt lengths.

Back story:

I was searching for a modular bumper and a Raptor bumper and skid popped up. Price was awesome.

I am moving from plastic bumper and skids on my Wildtrak, so I currently still have the plastic engine skid until I can find a metal replacement.

I wasn't and still not really sure about the look of the front skid, but I did put it on to try it out. The skid did not come with bolts, so I reused the ones from the plastic front skid. 3 of the bolts were fine (two front, passenger or driver rear, I don't remember and everything was upsidedown), but the other side rear was way too short. I have looked at the schematic of the Raptor skids and they don't show any difference in bolts (as far as I can see).

I am not sure if part of my issue is that I still have the plastic engine skid, but the Raptor front skid sits solidly on the frame, so I am not sure that not having the metal skid is my issue. Maybe the Raptor engine skid. is somehow different and required. I am just not sure..

I am still not 100% sure on the silver, but it doesn't look bad, so if I find metal modular skids there is I chance I would move back to the black look.

So if anybody has done this, or know the bolts and possibly bolt part numbers, I would appreciate you help.

Here is what it looks like on my white Wildtrak:
Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper IMG_5675
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is what the Raptor bumper looks like without the silver trim, if anybody is curious:
Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper IMG_5674

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the look, but prefer the trim pieces black and keep the silver skid.
Nice find and thanks for trying it out for others interested in the same! ✌

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I was told the Braptor bumper wouldn’t fit a standard Bronco…interesting. Any issues mounting the bumper itself?

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would love to do this, hope you can shine a light on all the part numbers and cost.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was told the Braptor bumper wouldn’t fit a standard Bronco…interesting. Any issues mounting the bumper itself?
There is only one Modular HD Bumper.

Kyle D

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anybody installed the big silver aluminum Raptor skid plate on a non-Raptor. I have a question about bolt lengths.

Back story:

I was searching for a modular bumper and a Raptor bumper and skid popped up. Price was awesome.

I am moving from plastic bumper and skids on my Wildtrak, so I currently still have the plastic engine skid until I can find a metal replacement.

I wasn't and still not really sure about the look of the front skid, but I did put it on to try it out. The skid did not come with bolts, so I reused the ones from the plastic front skid. 3 of the bolts were fine (two front, passenger or driver rear, I don't remember and everything was upsidedown), but the other side rear was way too short. I have looked at the schematic of the Raptor skids and they don't show any difference in bolts (as far as I can see).

I am not sure if part of my issue is that I still have the plastic engine skid, but the Raptor front skid sits solidly on the frame, so I am not sure that not having the metal skid is my issue. Maybe the Raptor engine skid. is somehow different and required. I am just not sure..

I am still not 100% sure on the silver, but it doesn't look bad, so if I find metal modular skids there is I chance I would move back to the black look.

So if anybody has done this, or know the bolts and possibly bolt part numbers, I would appreciate you help.

Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper IMG_5674
Seems easy enough fix. Powder coat the silver if you don’t like it. Buy a bit longer bolt. The skid looks good regardless.

OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bumper fits fine. No problems there even with the plastic extensions above and below the bumper ends.

The Raptor front skid is a little bit of a challenge as the Raptor has two brackets on the frame, one for each side, for the rear of the skid, while non-Raptors have only one. I will likely fabricate a spacer and use a longer bolt to make up the height different. I am debating between buying the Raptor engine skid for about $450 through Ruxer Ford, or just buy the $100 modular skid. Using the Raptor engine skid would make the better install though.

@flip has be great in helping me figure out what is going on. I will post some of what we discovered soon.

I am contemplating just switching to the normal modular skids and leaving the Raptor skid for when I have more time, which would probably mean never.

I still have to pull the bumper back off because I guessed wrong on the fog light polarity and need to swap the wires around. I had a brilliant idea to keep the electrical connections handy in a pigtail that goes between the wiring harness connector and the Raptor fog lights, then I covered up the pigtail with one of the bumper metal brackets when I was putting everything back together...

Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Back story:

Beefy! Looks cool!

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it aluminum or metal painted silver?

I like the look.

BronkNOLA

Big Bend
First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Following closely because I recently bought a raptor bumper and skid plate for my BB. Would love to hear more about wiring for the raptor fog lights.