Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love the two-tone look the Braptor bumper brings to the front. I don't mind painting the metal tow hooks of the factory mod bumper (even the skidplate) for a similar look, I only need the silver plastic trim. Has anyone tried "undressing" the Rraptor bumper of its silver cladding and adding it into a regular mod bumper?

EDIT:
I just found a vid of the silver trim being installed on YouTube. It looks identical to the regular mod bumper underneath the silver plastic trim. That part HAS to be available on its own.

EDIT2:
Found all part numbers related to the Braptor bumper, except the elusive silver trim.

The rubber trim above the bumper, It's called a Valance Panel, less than $20 each. However, it mounts to holes on the Braptor specific bumper. I don't see myself drilling the mod bumper to add these:
N2DZ17626A - Right upper
N2DZ17626B - Left upper

Can anyone post part numbers for the cladding? I bet the part number is stamped into the back.

Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper 1696647285176
Sponsored

Last edited:

bosko23

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Bad Lands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bumper fits fine. No problems there even with the plastic extensions above and below the bumper ends.

The Raptor front skid is a little bit of a challenge as the Raptor has two brackets on the frame, one for each side, for the rear of the skid, while non-Raptors have only one. I will likely fabricate a spacer and use a longer bolt to make up the height different. I am debating between buying the Raptor engine skid for about $450 through Ruxer Ford, or just buy the $100 modular skid. Using the Raptor engine skid would make the better install though.

@flip has be great in helping me figure out what is going on. I will post some of what we discovered soon.

I am contemplating just switching to the normal modular skids and leaving the Raptor skid for when I have more time, which would probably mean never.

I still have to pull the bumper back off because I guessed wrong on the fog light polarity and need to swap the wires around. I had a brilliant idea to keep the electrical connections handy in a pigtail that goes between the wiring harness connector and the Raptor fog lights, then I covered up the pigtail with one of the bumper metal brackets when I was putting everything back together...
Didn't know if you could help me find the silver skid plate part number trying to find it on ruxer website and can only find the black ones.

Thanks

OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Didn't know if you could help me find the silver skid plate part number trying to find it on ruxer website and can only find the black ones.

Thanks
I believe that it is NB3Z-5D032-A

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great. What did you do about the side where the bolt doesn't reach?
Thanks! I used a much longer bolt and a large washer to hold it in place. Structurally, it wouldn't be as strong for hard core protection, but that is what it is like at the moment.

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone come up with any good dimensions of a spacer they used and out of what? If so, did you weld it onto the frame?

Sponsored

CaroBronco

Base
First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco ‘23
Your Bronco Model
Base

CaroBronco

Base
First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco ‘23
Your Bronco Model
Base
Finally got around to this project yesterday. Shoutout to @Alfa for having this thread going, because I had to read through it a time or two along the way. :LOL: Running the wiring harness through the Raptor bumper was brutal, like someone else said ... so many screws & bolts. 😐

None the less I was able to get rid of the plastic and get the Raptor bumper mounted up. I definitely saw that gap on the backside and will tackle that next. Like others have said, just need something to take up that space.

I also have the fun of wiring up the Rigid Fog Lights as well. I'll be saving that one for later on down the road cause I suspect that one will test my patience. lol

Anyway, here's a few pics. :)

Bronco Wildtrak bumper BEFORE.jpg
Bronco Wildtrak bumper AFTER.jpg
Bronco Wildtrak bumper Close Up.jpg
Bronco Wildtrak bumper OFF.jpg
Can you share how you were able to do this without removing the standard front tow hooks?

background info:
I have a ‘23 base bronco with the plastic bumper and was able to install the raptor steel bumper. I ended up needing to remove the front tow hooks in order to get the raptor bumper to fit but then realized the tow hooks (pictured) also support the radiator.

How Were you able to work around that issue?

Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 7.22.56 PM.png

Last edited:

CaroBronco

Base
First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco ‘23
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can you share how you were able to do this without removing the standard front tow hooks?

background info:
I have a ‘23 base bronco with the plastic bumper and was able to install the raptor steel bumper. I ended up needing to remove the front tow hooks in order to get the raptor bumper to fit but then realized the tow hooks (pictured) also support the radiator.

How Were you able to work around that issue?

Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 7.22.56 PM.png
Update: Problem solved thanks to @Alfa. Ended up using a reciprocating saw to cut off the tow hooks which alleviated the conflict of the brackets being necessary to support the intercooler.

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thinking about getting this harness as well. Was it fairly easy to install? I’m hoping l connect my rigid lights with it.

Yes, it was very straightforward. Just have to make sure you have enough slack when you're routing it to reach the passenger side lights

CaroBronco

Base
First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco ‘23
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, it was very straightforward. Just have to make sure you have enough slack when you're routing it to reach the passenger side lights
Since my previous plastic bumper had fog lights, would this harness still do the trick for me? My goal is to run the rigid lights on my newly installed Raptor bumper to the fog light switch

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since my previous plastic bumper had fog lights, would this harness still do the trick for me? My goal is to run the rigid lights on my newly installed Raptor bumper to the fog light switch
I don't believe that harness is for applications where there's an existing fog light switch. I think it is specifically for aux switches. I was going from a hd modular bumper to a Raptor bumper
Sponsored