First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reading up on this. Was this ever able to be achieved? Putting a raptor bumper and skid plate on a standard sqatch?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Achieved. Still haven't finished making my bracket to even out the support for the back passenger side of the skid.

sgkartracer15

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm about to do this project on my Wildtrak, going from the plastic to the Raptor style. Surprisingly it was easier to find the Raptor bumper than a regular modular bumper. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be checking this thread for reminders on what to do and not to do!
Finally got around to this project yesterday. Shoutout to @Alfa for having this thread going, because I had to read through it a time or two along the way. :LOL: Running the wiring harness through the Raptor bumper was brutal, like someone else said ... so many screws & bolts. 😐

None the less I was able to get rid of the plastic and get the Raptor bumper mounted up. I definitely saw that gap on the backside and will tackle that next. Like others have said, just need something to take up that space.

I also have the fun of wiring up the Rigid Fog Lights as well. I'll be saving that one for later on down the road cause I suspect that one will test my patience. lol

Anyway, here's a few pics. :)

Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper Bronco Wildtrak bumper BEFORE
Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper Bronco Wildtrak bumper AFTER
Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper Bronco Wildtrak bumper Close U
Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper Bronco Wildtrak bumper OFF

Wildtrak'n

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
just installed mine today and the most time consuming part was taking apart the bumper to install the sensors and wiring harness through the bumper. I have the Raptor skid plate also and will be installing shortly also. This thread helped clear things up on what is required for a proper install.
Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper IMG_4096

OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

nice!

Sponsored

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If anyone doing this is willing to sell their factory black tow hooks that you are replacing with the silver ones, please let me know.

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally got around to this project yesterday. Shoutout to @Alfa for having this thread going, because I had to read through it a time or two along the way. :LOL: Running the wiring harness through the Raptor bumper was brutal, like someone else said ... so many screws & bolts. 😐

None the less I was able to get rid of the plastic and get the Raptor bumper mounted up. I definitely saw that gap on the backside and will tackle that next. Like others have said, just need something to take up that space.

I also have the fun of wiring up the Rigid Fog Lights as well. I'll be saving that one for later on down the road cause I suspect that one will test my patience. lol

Anyway, here's a few pics. :)

Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper IMG_4096
So this possible with a 2door? I was wondering! I’ve already got the bumper and the lights hooked up.

Also- are the mounting points for the skid plate specific to the V6? Wondering if this can be done with a 2.3L/7-spd
Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper B6912C9F-1C68-4AFC-A842-152A1FCE7C03

sgkartracer15

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So this possible with a 2door? I was wondering! I’ve already got the bumper and the lights hooked up.

Also- are the mounting points for the skid plate specific to the V6? Wondering if this can be done with a 2.3L/7-spd
Ford Bronco Raptor Front Skid Plate installed on standard Bronco bumper B6912C9F-1C68-4AFC-A842-152A1FCE7C03
Yep, definitely possible on a 2 door. :) I was able to get 3 out of the 4 bolts to mount for the skid plate without issue, just have that one (where the gap is too long) to handle next. I just need to fabricate a spacer and get a longer bolt.

The fog lights are another story. How did you go about getting the fog lights to work?

I've seen where some are having to do a lot of wiring and splicing. I'm not the best with electrical wiring, so I am saving that project for another day.

Would love to know what you did on yours.

OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, definitely possible on a 2 door. :) I was able to get 3 out of the 4 bolts to mount for the skid plate without issue, just have that one (where the gap is too long) to handle next. I just need to fabricate a spacer and get a longer bolt.

The fog lights are another story. How did you go about getting the fog lights to work?

I've seen where some are having to do a lot of wiring and splicing. I'm not the best with electrical wiring, so I am saving that project for another day.

The electrical is not hard. I wrote up how to go from the plastic bumper to the Raptor bumper a while back:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-on-standard-bronco.71202/page-3#post-1909362

sgkartracer15

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The electrical is not hard. I wrote up how to go from the plastic bumper to the Raptor bumper a while back:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-on-standard-bronco.71202/page-3#post-1909362
Oh trust me, I have that thread you wrote saved. 😂

I'm definitely leaning toward your quote here though " If I had to do this again, I might have spent the $70 and get the modular bumper wiring harness, but only because the fog light connectors are in a better place, but honestly it wasn't that bad. "

Anyone have the Ford part number for the Braptor / modular bumper wiring harness handy? 🤔

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm definitely leaning toward your quote here though " If I had to do this again, I might have spent the $70 and get the modular bumper wiring harness, but only because the fog light connectors are in a better place, but honestly it wasn't that bad. "
If you do that, you will need different connectors as I don't think that the modular bumper harness uses the h11 connectors, but rather mx150, 2 pin like the raptor lights. @flip can get you the harness part number and probably the part cheaper than anywhere else.

sgkartracer15

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Alfa and @flip you guys are awesome! I'll order that harness and give the OE wiring route a go.

Flip I tried to order it through your website, but it's out of stock. Neat to see your part's site, I used to work for Revolution Parts. My wife (@Hoozeygrl) works there currently.

I'll post again once I receive the harness and get started again. Thanks guys!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Alfa and @flip you guys are awesome! I'll order that harness and give the OE wiring route a go.

Flip I tried to order it through your website, but it's out of stock. Neat to see your part's site, I used to work for Revolution Parts. My wife (@Hoozeygrl) works there currently.

I'll post again once I receive the harness and get started again. Thanks guys!
Get an account created on the site and I'll add you to the 6G discount group. Let me know what email you use. If you want to order go ahead and place it after we get your account set up. The national warehouse shows 4 in stock.

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks! I didn't have foglamps to begin with, since I came from a regular modular front bumper. I just got this harness from SPV and wired them to Aux 5 and Aux 6:

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...-gen-3-oem-fog-plug-n-play-conversion-harness
Sponsored