James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every once in a while, from a stop, my automatic Bronco will fail the shift out of first gear. It usually happens when I have come to a complete stop and then start driving again like a stop sign. The engine will just start revving higher and the transmission will not shift almost as if I dropped it into manual first.

It's a very rare problem, it's only happened three times and I have had the truck for 2 years.

Not sure if it's something I should worry about. If I take note of the exact date and time it happens next time, is this something that Ford would be able to scan the computer and see if there were any faults at that exact time? Or does the computer not work that way? The chances of it happening during a service are next to zero.

I have a 2.7, automatic, Badlands Sasquatch if that helps.
Sponsored

Ryhawk1

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2021 Wildtrak Bronco had hard shifting ( around 20k miles in) and one day when i shifted into reverse it just revved and after 30-45 seconds and me swearing it jerked into reverse, i immediately drove to dealership. net-net Ford installed a new transmission. It was a painful few weeks without my Bronco!

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn they just up and swapped out the trans?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a TSB for various shifting concerns that may solve the issue, I would bring it to your dealer.
If it set any type of DTC they should be able to see it even if it is no longer happening.

Edit: Just realized this was a revived thread from 5 months ago, did you ever have this looked at?

Ford Bronco Rare issue, transmission won't shift out of first gear 1710348262338-3y

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No I never had a looked at because it's so infrequent. I think in the two and a half years that I've had the truck it's only happened maybe three or four times..
Sponsored