Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been having an intermittent issue when turning a corner where when I hit the gas the vehicle revs but doesn’t have power. Not quite like the transmission thinks it’s in neutral.

Of course I can’t replicate it for the dealer.

Today I got some video of a similar issue when going in a straight line. I note when it happens, the tach shows a gear number. I never use the manual so not sure why it showed a “1” in this video. I was not flooring it in the video and the transmission hesitated to upshift.

Has anyone experienced this?

Sponsored

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Transmission will always hesitate to upshift when a gear is manually selected. You do not have to be in M to choose a gear. If you are in D, pressing the upshift or downshift button on the shifter will select a gear and will hold that gear until acceleration stops and you are cruising or maintaining speed. If you are in M, it will hold the gear selected until you tell it otherwise.

OP
OP
Ft. Worth Rob

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Transmission will always hesitate to upshift when a gear is manually selected. You do not have to be in M to choose a gear. If you are in D, pressing the upshift or downshift button on the shifter will select a gear and will hold that gear until acceleration stops and you are cruising or maintaining speed. If you are in M, it will hold the gear selected until you tell it otherwise.
I wasn’t clear. I didn’t manually select. I was in D and didn’t press the buttons.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn’t clear. I didn’t manually select. I was in D and didn’t press the buttons.
Your video shows 1st gear is manually selected when you first take off from a stop. Does it do that on its own every time you come to a stop?

OP
OP
Ft. Worth Rob

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your video shows 1st gear is manually selected when you first take off from a stop. Does it do that on its own every time you come to a stop?
It doesn’t. I started the truck in a parking lot, went around a turn, hit the gas and the “1” showed up on the dash. I came to a stop and took this video. The trans is doing it on its own. I don’t rest my hand on the gear shift either.
of course I can’t replicate it for the dealer. There is no consistency to when it happens.
Sponsored