First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, OuterBanks, Bigbend, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So Sunday night 2022 Bronco having trouble shifting. Service light comes on after few minutes driving. Message on Ford App “powertrain malfunction “ . Went to local service center Monday morning and I asked if they were seeing anything in particular and they laughed, “Bronco, any number of things!” At 29k on this one I’m thinking I made bad choice buying two last year along with two other new Fords! Anyone else having issues with transmission? I have another vehicle to buy in next 30 days for another family member and considering brand switch!
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So Sunday night 2022 Bronco having trouble shifting. Service light comes on after few minutes driving. Message on Ford App “powertrain malfunction “ . Went to local service center Monday morning and I asked if they were seeing anything in particular and they laughed, “Bronco, any number of things!” At 29k on this one I’m thinking I made bad choice buying two last year along with two other new Fords! Anyone else having issues with transmission? I have another vehicle to buy in next 30 days for another family member and considering brand switch!
Auto or manual?
Powertrain malfunction could be a hundred different things completely unrelated to the transmission.
If you send me your VIN I can take a look at the codes in the morning.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unrelated, but considering the amount of issues I'm having with my own Ford, I'd never imagine buying four more. It's a great car though, so if you can get all its kinks fixed you might find it worth keeping.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

, I've only got 2 weeks and 400 miles on mine and would really like for it to be trouble free.
Spending too much time here can make you paranoid.

The reality is probably closer to,
for every troubled one you read about here, 100,000 others are leading trouble free lives.

Enjoy the ride.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good morning, Cory! I would be glad to help you out with these transmission concerns if you'd like. Just shoot us a private message with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford bot here to save the day....

On a positive note, I hope you get it figured out soon. I agree with Hoosier to an extent. Reading through these posts will cause paranoia. But hey, my new 800 mile Bronco has an oil leak, the paint on the hood is terribly splotchy, and the 8" screen works half the time, so....

OP
OP

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good morning, Cory! I would be glad to help you out with these transmission concerns if you'd like. Just shoot us a private message with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!
Ford bot here to save the day....

On a positive note, I hope you get it figured out soon. I agree with Hoosier to an extent. Reading through these posts will cause paranoia. But hey, my new 800 mile Bronco has an oil leak, the paint on the hood is terribly splotchy, and the 8" screen works half the time, so....
Sent Ford bot VIN and dealership. Surprise need more info. I spent 190K on Fords last year! Family, not a business fleet. I get 6 e-mails a week from them. Dealership not responding at all-crickets!

• Sad
Reactions: jon
OP
OP

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Transmission seal went! Minimum two weeks for parts and put back together!

• Sad
Reactions: jon

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What did you do to cause that?
Yea, drove it! My bad! Gal at Ford customer service took bull by the horns today! Got us a loaner and is communicating with dealership. Someone does listen to customers these days! Actually very pleasant and efficient! Thank you Ford!!
Sponsored