Sponsored

Rattling Windows

Anyone else having issues with front windows rattling when partially down?

• Total voters

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is there a TSB Number for this? I took it to my dealer and they blamed the Tuffy storage drawer I had in the cargo area for the rattles.
It’s the SSM number.

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi!
Here is a video of how my window sounds on a dirt road: Let me know if I should DM you my info as well.

Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Hi there. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this rattle concern on my end.
Thank you, very much, for your attention. And thank you to Bronco6G for providing such a great platform for crowdsourcing data about the Bronco. My report was addressed in less than two weeks after posting here.

Thanks to our Ford rep, here on Bronco6G, I got an appointment with my local shop in less than a week. Today has been the second day since Ford made some adjustments to my door windows. I've driven, three times, on the same road in the video I posted about the rattle. At this time I am assessing the improvement to be about 75%. Not being too familiar with the expectations of frame-less door windows on rough roads - I feel my experience is now more reasonable.

Conditions for my experience: 1 mile dirt road
1. Window down by 2-3 inches
2. Driving 30-40 mph on rough dirt road: Potholes, Significant washboarding, lateral runoff erosion.

Before adjustment
---> Persistent rattle for about half of the mile driven

After adjustment
---> Just a few rattles on the roughest areas. Though, those rattles were significant and not diminished by the adjustments.

I'll report back if more driving shows that my 75% improvement assessment changes for better\worse.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My passenger front window trim is exactly the same. My dealer is supposedly waiting on parts to fix my front passenger side. This was back in February and I haven't heard back from them yet.

It was time for my 10K service, so I dropped the Bronco off at the dealer on 7/11. While it is there for the 10K service, I had them check on the status for the passenger front window again. I don't know what happened since the last service, but they ended up placing a new order for the parts needed to fix it and are supposed to be fixing it tomorrow, 7/18. We'll see how it turns out after they finish. I'm actually starting to get some window rattling when opening any of the doors, except for the rear driver's side now.

njvixen

Black Diamond
First Name
camilla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi!
Here is a video of how my window sounds on a dirt road: Let me know if I should DM you my info as well.

Bronco Badlands 4 Door
2022 Bronco Black Diamond-mine sounds exactly the same as yours.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw a video on snugging up the windows via adjustment at bottom of doors(bottom)… I dont have time to read 7 pages of posts,maybe somebody mentioned it….I am reluctant to do this because I wonder if you get rid of the rattle and stiffen it up do you then create a easy way for the window to crack/shatter. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I saw a video on snugging up the windows via adjustment at bottom of doors(bottom)… I dont have time to read 7 pages of posts,maybe somebody mentioned it….I am reluctant to do this because I wonder if you get rid of the rattle and stiffen it up do you then create a easy way for the window to crack/shatter. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Ford issued a TSB on doing the adjustment, so it is their official "fix".

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford issued a TSB on doing the adjustment, so it is their official "fix".
Thanks ,Good to know. Guess I will try it myself. Certainly not bringing it in.
Sponsored