Sponsored

Rattling Windows

Anyone else having issues with front windows rattling when partially down?

• Total voters

wpitt

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With front windows partially down in my Badlands, they rattle so much that it sounds like they will break when going over bumps. Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is something that is known and has been discussed multiple times. It's an unwanted side effect of having frameless windows.

Having driven the Bronco for a while now, I highly doubt this will ever cause them to break. Maybe during a collision or jumping the Bronco could flex them enough to break.

Anyone who answers no on the survey is clueless and didn't understand the question or is trolling. Every Bronco will do this.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is something that is known and has been discussed multiple times. It's an unwanted side effect of having frameless windows.

Having driven the Bronco for a while now, I highly doubt this will ever cause them to break. Maybe during a collision or jumping the Bronco could flex them enough to break.

Anyone who answers no on the survey is clueless and didn't understand the question or is trolling. Every Bronco will do this.
I find it amazing that everyone keeps saying that this is an issue because of having frameless windows. Iā€™ve owned several Mustangs and two Shelby GT-500s and I cannot for the life of me remember having an issue with ANY of those vehicles. Is is NOT a frameless issue, it is an ENGINEERING and DESIGN issue that can be fixed.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Letā€™s not go with clueless. The question was asking if we noticed. I never have. I drive with the window closed or all the way open. Just partially down does not do anything for me and is usually noisy.
You seem to be trolling for a response by being an ass.

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With front windows partially down in my Badlands, they rattle so much that it sounds like they will break when going over bumps. Anyone else having this issue?
mine don't rattle... Gives a horrendous BANG when I go over a tippy bump

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have noticed rattling with the window down when going over bumps or even when driving in high wind.

I dont agree with the statement "this is a frameless window problem". My ATS coupe had frameless windows and did not do this. The windows were solid in all positions of operation. So it seems this a Bronco 6G design/engineering problem like others have said.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it amazing that everyone keeps saying that this is an issue because of having frameless windows. Iā€™ve owned several Mustangs and two Shelby GT-500s and I cannot for the life of me remember having an issue with ANY of those vehicles. Is is NOT a frameless issue, it is an ENGINEERING and DESIGN issue that can be fixed.

I never claimed it to be a problem that exists on all frameless windows designs. But I do believe the window on the Bronco would not rattle if it was framed.

Yeah, it's a bad design and should have be engineered correctly from the get go.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Letā€™s not go with clueless. The question was asking if we noticed. I never have. I drive with the window closed or all the way open. Just partially down does not do anything for me and is usually noisy.
Your seem to be trolling for a response by being an ass.

There's absolutely zero difference between these two responses, other than the usernames and the last sentence of the last quote lmao.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not just a frameless or Bronco issue. My 2017 4Runner does this when the driver or passenger window is down about 2". Friends 2020 does the same. If you roll it down another inch or two the rattle goes away. Maybe the same in the Bronco?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there! Send a private message to us with your VIN and the name & location of your Ford dealership, along with some more details about your situation. Iā€™ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just noticed mine doing it today when i had the window down about 2 inches. At first i didn't know what the noise was, but when it did it again i caught the window rattle as it happened. Pretty hard rattle at that!

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My S2000 had frameless and they were fine.

i Wonder if somehow, easy removal doors has something to do with it. My logical mind says it has something to do with the track that the window runs on, maybe too much wiggle room.

someone will eventually pry their door cards off and figure a diy fix. I would look myself but Iā€™m away from my bronco for a few months

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m neither clueless or a troll. But hey keep being the type of person people avoid at all cost.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you guys smoke or something? I'm just trying to figure out why someone would ride with the windows partially down. I'm an all or nothing guy myself, so I'm just asking cause I'm curious.
Damp, chilly, 45 degree day here today. Dropped it down a couple inches for some fresh air and that's when i noticed it after going over a few bumps.
Sponsored