Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'd be surprised at how easy that is to fix.

Get yourself a deep 10mm socket. Open the door and lie under it. There's two rubber patches (about 2"x3") (they're plugs actually) on the bottom of the door. They pull out easily.
Loosen the nut (maybe 1/2 turn) just inside that opening and push it to the outside of the door and retighten. Repeat for the other one and replace the plugs.

The hardest part of this process for me is getting up after I'm done. It made a WORLD of difference. I can ride with the windows cracked or 1/2 way down without the annoying rattle. It still MAY happen on a rough patch of road, but is significantly less than it was.
Do this with windows up or down? Thanks!
Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do people still throw out numbers like 50k ,70k etc with the thinking that buys you more of a luxury vehicle ? No matter what trim level you purchase it is still a 28k vehicle with different hardware for off roading. Sure you get some minor upgrades to the electronics like infotainment, but all the interiors and body panels are basically the same. Paying high ADM makes it even worse considering they are the same basic vehicle and always will be, lol.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why do people still throw out numbers like 50k ,70k etc with the thinking that buys you more of a luxury vehicle ? No matter what trim level you purchase it is still a 28k vehicle with different hardware for off roading. Sure you get some minor upgrades to the electronics like infotainment, but all the interiors and body panels are basically the same. Paying high ADM makes it even worse considering they are the same basic vehicle and always will be, lol.
No, a poor design is a poor design.

Window rattle issues are non existent in the real world on cars that actually sell for $28k new. Bronco starts at $39k for a 2dr Big Bend.

Ford has supposedly been working on a fix for like two years and counting.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I paid $27k for a Toyota with huge frameless windows and never had a rattle. Ford missed the mark with these windows.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, a poor design is a poor design.

Window rattle issues are non existent in the real world on cars that actually sell for $28k new. Bronco starts at $39k for a 2dr Big Bend.

Ford has supposedly been working on a fix for like two years and counting.

Haven't had any rattles out of mine. I fully expected to have to do the adjustment from the bottom of the door that has been mentioned here on the forum but haven't needed to yet. I remember all the window and door issues from the frameless design on GMs Firebird and Camaro line back in the day so my Bronco is a great improvement over those ,lol.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I paid $27k for a Toyota with huge frameless windows and never had a rattle. Ford missed the mark with these windows.

Toyota's are perfect though. You can't compare a Ford, especially one with removeable doors to a Toyota. I'm surprised more people here didn't buy Toyotas .

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Toyota's are perfect though. You can't compare a Ford, especially one with removeable doors to a Toyota. I'm surprised more people here didn't buy Toyotas .
How does rattling windows aid in removing the doors?

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

disagree.

I had 2 90’s Mitsubishis with huge frameless windows and while everything else settled, the windows didn’t.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
disagree.

I had 2 90’s Mitsubishis with huge frameless windows and while everything else settled, the windows didn’t.
You disagree with what ? I had no idea the doors on the Mitsubishi were removable. Cool.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does rattling windows aid in removing the doors?
I'm sure they tried to make them as light as possible where ones that do not remove could have more robust and heavier internal hardware.

As I stated though, mine have never rattled. Have you tried the adjustment from the bottom of the door ?
Sponsored