Blueroach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like the rattling sound is coming from underneath the seat but I cannot figure out what it is. I hear it even on smooth road when going super slow. Has anyone dealt with this already and know a fix?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I feel like the rattling sound is coming from underneath the seat but I cannot figure out what it is. I hear it even on smooth road when going super slow. Has anyone dealt with this already and know a fix?
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!

OP
OP
Blueroach

Blueroach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!
Last time you told me this, you took my info and then told me to go to a dealer, never heard from you again. The dealer had no idea who I am and basically told me to make an appointment for repair. You aren't helpful! Stop sending people the same reply and actually not do anything about it later. I know how to make an appointment at my local dealer on my own.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hard for me to tell in the video. I'd put someone in the back and have them listen, if you haven't already. Mine makes weird noises depending on the temperature, but for the most part is quiet and rattle free.

Deleted member 3063

have someone drive you around while you look/feel for the rattle, been there, done that

Smoked my right front brake pads Tuesday, not drive able. Called stepson (Ford service writer and mechanic) to schedule me in at his large dealership, about a 2 week wait. We dealt with it in the driveway last night. Thing is they are supposed to have 8 mechanics but are currently at 3.
I doubt your dealer can spare 2 guys on a rattle while they have costumers screaming for help on more serious drive ability issues.
I'm not suggesting you make the repair yourself but if you could find the rattle you might have a better chance getting it repaired. It's today's reality.

Sponsored

Bookerh

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 fzj80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Blueroach did you find the source? It goes away when I put side pressure on the seat back or base. It is persistent and annoying. Just started at the 2 year mark for me.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Blueroach did you find the source? It goes away when I put side pressure on the seat back or base. It is persistent and annoying. Just started at the 2 year mark for me.
If it is the passenger seat you are having trouble with and it is an electric seat, not manual, there is a good chance it is this small plastic piece ( I think it is blue but haven't looked in a while) and it rattles within the seat slide when the seat is in a particular position and doesn't have someone sitting in it. If it is the same thing others of us have had, the simplest fix is moving the seat further back or further forward. Although this is not really a great answer/solution, it worked for those of us experiencing it. Check out this thread. Specifically post #9 is what I am referencing.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/passenger-seat-rattle.70095/

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On manual seats, Theres a bolt at each forward corner that loosens up. I,ve tightened mine twice, doing exactly what you are describing I’ll get you some pics

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
As suggested find the source of the rattle. Get an ear directly on it- have someone drive around with you in the back. Rattles can "echo" and even if you think they are in one area, they are actually in a completely different area.

My strangest rattling, something sliding around noise was marbles under the carpet of a vehicle. The vehicle was bought used, and someone let decorative marbles out of the packaging and they went into the carpet seat openings where the seat mounts were.

It also could be underneath echoing into the cabin. Loose shock mounts is a culprit I have found in the past.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Passenger Seat Area Rattling IMG_3983

this is the bolt that keeps loosening up on mine. Its a very flat in profile shaped head with a star type head. If its loose, keep your eye on it and aggressively push the seatback back and forth, you’ll see the play in it. Your passenger may actually even complain of the seat feeling loose, that’s how I discovered mine
Sponsored