Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Guys,
I've been chasing a rattle/banging sound from the back of our 2 door for a few weeks now, it seemed to be getting worse by the day. I had the hardtop off this weekend and no more banging. So it was obvously coming from the top, well after looking at it I found the issue. The rear passenger window in the hardtop is only attached to about half the window. You can actually see the window moving out when you tap the top next to it.

Has anyone else heard or seen this, I searched but couldn't find any info? I'll be going by the dealer today to see what they have to say but hoping it doesn't fall out.
Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh damn, been reading a few posts about rattling but not regarding the side windows coming out.

mclaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla model 3 and Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a rattle on the right side passenger side. I've had it into the dealer 5 times without a fix. During the last appointment, I was told by the dealer Ford is aware of a rattle issue and said they would have a engineering fix to the dealers in Q4 of 2023.....

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
No roof rack nothing has been mounted to it yet, I thought the same as you and checked all the bolts 1st.

Just got back from dealer and he said he's never seen this before as well and not sure how Ford will handle it. Said they may want to give me a new top but I don't want one since mine is crack free. We could push the back upper corner out from inside and see light through it. I'm taking it back tomorrow since I didn't have a ride today and he's going to have his glass guy look at it and submit it to Ford.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a rattle on the right side passenger side. I've had it into the dealer 5 times without a fix. During the last appointment, I was told by the dealer Ford is aware of a rattle issue and said they would have a engineering fix to the dealers in Q4 of 2023.....
Mine is more of a bang over bumps only and at lower speeds, on the hwy it doesn't do it. I found this by tapping the top in front of the side window just behind the door, it made the bang sound on the passenger side only, might want to check yours.

I am a little concerned this window could fall out now!

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder if this is whats creating a noise on my wife’s ‘23 and has been since I picked it up w/ 8 miles on the odometer. For the life of me I havent been able to chase down the noise and even checked the torque on all bolts in the rear.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey Guys,
I've been chasing a rattle/banging sound from the back of our 2 door for a few weeks now, it seemed to be getting worse by the day. I had the hardtop off this weekend and no more banging. So it was obvously coming from the top, well after looking at it I found the issue. The rear passenger window in the hardtop is only attached to about half the window. You can actually see the window moving out when you tap the top next to it.

Has anyone else heard or seen this, I searched but couldn't find any info? I'll be going by the dealer today to see what they have to say but hoping it doesn't fall out.
look up re seating bronco windows on you tube it fixed mine

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a creaking that comes from the back on sharp edge hits. Almost sounds like that flexing glass sound. Haven't figured it out, but I did take the spare off and it went away. Came back when I put the spare back on. So really for my issue I think it's some sort of flex from the weight of the spare that is causing the creaking.

Thought maybe the spare tire bumpers are too stiff and causing the tailgate to flex - the sheetmetal is paper thin. May look into getting the Raptor tailgate reinforcement pieces.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just picked it up and it's solid now, no more banging and air noise out of that window! Dealer said they simply removed the window then reinstalled it correctly, guess Ford messed it up originally.
Sponsored