Sponsored

Passenger rear door window not indexing???

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2004 Mustang GT, 2021 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So today I noticed that both passenger side windows when rolling up automatically would act like they detected an object in the way. After a hour or so it appears that the front door window is operating correctly but I've noticed that the rear passenger door window is not "indexing" down when you open it and when you close the door it caused the window to be out of alignment. I've also noted that the "auto up" on that door isn't working. Has anyone else had a similar issue? I did have the doors off recently, but everything was working fine when I reinstalled them. This all seemed to occur this afternoon after a morning with no issues.
Sponsored

AuroraMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2.7, SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So today I noticed that both passenger side windows when rolling up automatically would act like they detected an object in the way. After a hour or so it appears that the front door window is operating correctly but I've noticed that the rear passenger door window is not "indexing" down when you open it and when you close the door it caused the window to be out of alignment. I've also noted that the "auto up" on that door isn't working. Has anyone else had a similar issue? I did have the doors off recently, but everything was working fine when I reinstalled them. This all seemed to occur this afternoon after a morning with no issues.
This just happened to me today with passenger front. Reading up on it now.

OP
OP
J2D

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2004 Mustang GT, 2021 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This just happened to me today with passenger front. Reading up on it now.
Discovered another thread about "resetting" the window which fixed all the issues. Basically roll the effected window down and up for 2 cycles. While doing so hold the switch for the entirety of the up and down plus 5 seconds. So hold switch for the full down plus 5 seconds...etc. Fixed it for me.

AuroraMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2.7, SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Discovered another thread about "resetting" the window which fixed all the issues. Basically roll the effected window down and up for 2 cycles. While doing so hold the switch for the entirety of the up and down plus 5 seconds. So hold switch for the full down plus 5 seconds...etc. Fixed it for me.

AuroraMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2.7, SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. I had found that too and tired it and it worked! So happy this fix worked. (Saw two versions one waiting 2 seconds after each up/down and the 5 second. I tried the 2 sec and it worked).

Reactions: J2D

Sponsored

Frank13

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500, Dodge Challenger, Harley Crossbones
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had same issue straight from dealer. The auto up down was also being spastic. Thanks for the info this solved it for me as well.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello there. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's window concerns.

Ctowry

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 Broncos, 5 Mustangs……….
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Worked for me, thanks for the tip! Was afraid I was going to have to deal with a dealer service trip, which is never fun….
Sponsored