Window / Door Issues - Not Indexing Properly

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All,

Seeing a few threads on this but nothing very exhaustive. Situation:

2021 Badlands, 4 door, Hardtop (v2).

Have had constant issues with the windows not "working". This has to do with the window not dropping down when it is opened, not being able to go up when it is fully closed, it begins to interfere with the track and then needs the dealer to fix eventually.

The dealer keeps fixing it but they are not making any progress to actually solve this problem, it just keeps happening.

Is this a common issue, are we finding it around the user community? Is there a recognition by Ford of this issue?

It is literally driving my wife nutz.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have a 4 door Wildtrak and are having no issues as you describe. I would imagine you will get more responses if other owners are having the same problem. If my dealer wasn’t able to satisfactory resolve the issue, it may be time to take it to another dealer and notify Ford of the problem and lack of dealer resolving the issue. Good luck, sucks to have these type of problems on a new vehicle.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi All,

Seeing a few threads on this but nothing very exhaustive. Situation:

2021 Badlands, 4 door, Hardtop (v2).

Have had constant issues with the windows not "working". This has to do with the window not dropping down when it is opened, not being able to go up when it is fully closed, it begins to interfere with the track and then needs the dealer to fix eventually.

The dealer keeps fixing it but they are not making any progress to actually solve this problem, it just keeps happening.

Is this a common issue, are we finding it around the user community? Is there a recognition by Ford of this issue?

It is literally driving my wife nutz.

Thanks.
Hi there Sean, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco window concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there Sean, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco window concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Hi,

My VIN is: 1FMEE5DP9MLA66333

Dealer is Prince George Ford. Latest is they adjusted the door and now it is rubbing the frame and taking off the paint. It's my wife's car though so I am just relaying things here. She has been dealing with the dealership.

Maybe a direct chat with her would help?

cdizl

Wildtrak
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I had this issue sort of the other day. I took all the doors off and when I put them back on the driver door electrical plug wasn’t seated properly upon startup and the window refused to close all the way and wouldn’t droop open or go up on close. I eventually rolled the window down, turned my bronco off and disconnected and reconnected the electrical plug and then started it back up and it’s been fine since. May be worth a shot?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have done this over and over, there is a reset of the windows you can do, "a, b, reset, start" if you get my drift, but it doesn't ever "fix" the problem.

truckatologist

Black Diamond
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr 7MT, on order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am having the same issue. Worst on drivers door, but passenger front has done it as well. Very frustrating, I "reset" the drivers door every other time I drive the truck. I have also noticed the drivers window motor is slowing down and occasionally won't move the window at all.

Jaymanire

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissan Armada Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same issue. I’ve done the “reset” several times. Also took it to the dealer for “adjustment” per the TSB several months ago. Neither fixes the issue. It’s time to replace the mechanisms in the door. Going to dealer this morning to resolve once and for all, hopefully.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi,

My VIN is: 1FMEE5DP9MLA66333

Dealer is Prince George Ford. Latest is they adjusted the door and now it is rubbing the frame and taking off the paint. It's my wife's car though so I am just relaying things here. She has been dealing with the dealership.

Maybe a direct chat with her would help?
I appreciate you getting back with me! Would you mind sending this info over as a private message? To send a PM , just visit our profile and select "Start Conversation". Once you send that over I would be happy to start looking into this for you!
Sponsored