Sponsored

Soft top alignment issues - insane rattling/clicking, too much tension on rear window

Rexaroo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Shelby GT350R, '23 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey everyone, TLDR at the bottom. I know it's poor forum etiquette for something like this to be my first post.. But I noticed the other day that on the top rear portion of my soft top, the velcro is not aligned (see pic),

It's rather difficult to buckle the clips as a result, and it seems like there's too much tension in the area overall. Also, my side windows have a huge "wave" in them, which from my understanding Ford did something to improve this for the 2023 models?

I checked the alignment pins, and the soft top frame is seated all the way in and bolted tight. I also tightened all the T30 bolts and applied lithium grease to the 4 along the top-rear part of the frame, which didn't do anything.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this is happening, and if it could cause a lot of rattling? I can handle a few clicks here and there but this almost sounds broken.

TLDR: soft top doesn't seem aligned based on rear velcro and wavey side windows. The rear top corners/centre frame rattles and clicks like CRAZY.

Ford Bronco Soft top alignment issues - insane rattling/clicking, too much tension on rear window IMG-0387
Sponsored