Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have the same setup. Black Diamond and Badlands should be identical.
Yea, but I had a pre production kit. So you might have all the hardware you need.
Sponsored

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I think the reason why some folks are short two bolts/washers is because of the metal and plastic skid plates. As you can see, the plastic skid plate uses (6) bolts:

Ford Bronco RC Modular Bumper Hidden Winch Install Video🎞️ 1652475513717

But the metal skid plates on the BD and BL models use (4) bolts as shown (from Rough Country's instructions also):

Ford Bronco RC Modular Bumper Hidden Winch Install Video🎞️ 1652475336592

So when you go to install the new skid plate from RC, those with the metal skid plate are short (2) bolts/washers (circled in red from 1st pic). I don't think RC realizes this according to @redone17's recent commincation with them. My kit that I received a few days ago was short these two bolts/washers.

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I think the reason why some folks are short two bolts/washers is because of the metal and plastic skid plates. As you can see, the plastic skid plate uses (6) bolts:

1652475513717.png

But the metal skid plates on the BD and BL models use (4) bolts as shown (from Rough Country's instructions also):

1652475336592.png

So when you go to install the new skid plate from RC, those with the metal skid plate are short (2) bolts/washers (circled in red from 1st pic). I don't think RC realizes this according to @redone17's recent commincation with them. My kit that I received a few days ago was short these two bolts/washers.
that explains it.. I am a modular bumper people as well and also had em missing

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That makes all of the sense.

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

that explains it.. I am a modular bumper people as well and had em missing as well
Ah, maybe it's a standard bumper vs. a capable/modular bumper. I originally had the capable bumper from factory but swapped it for a modular bumper.

Sponsored

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, maybe it's a standard bumper vs. a capable/modular bumper. I originally had the capable bumper from factory but swapped it for a modular bumper.
No, I think you were right about metal vs plastic skid plates being the difference in number of bolts provided.

I thought maybe the metal skid plate only came with the modular but I am not sure if that is the case.

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, I think you were right about metal vs plastic skid plates being the difference in number of bolts provided.

I thought maybe the metal skid plate only came with the modular but I am not sure if that is the case.
Yeah, I had the capable bumper from the factory, and my BD also came with the metal skid plate. So, I guess the difference is between the skid plates. I'm emailing RC to let them know of the discrepancy.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I had the capable bumper from the factory, and my BD also came with the metal skid plate. So, I guess the difference is between the skid plates. I'm emailing RC to let them know of the discrepancy.
Thanks, that's exactly why. I tried explaining to them but with the bumpers being different, but using the skid plates as the reason makes it easier to understand. Maybe they will get it this time...

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks, that's exactly why. I tried explaining to them but with the bumpers being different, but using the skid plates as the reason makes it easier to understand. Maybe they will get it this time...
I called and emailed them again with this specific information. It seems like they’re finally taking me seriously.

Heading to Tractor Supply for bolts after work and hope to get this thing mounted Sunday/Monday.

@JustSendItDude and I realized we’d have to cut off part of the clutch handle for it to clear the intercooler hose for the Apex Badland.

I’ve ordered the following parts to build an arm to flip the clutch from above. I ended up ordering the 18” extension. I’m going to cut out a notch in the socket to fit the clutch arm (or what’s left of it).

Ford Bronco RC Modular Bumper Hidden Winch Install Video🎞️ 43536782-5AED-4511-B17B-A2630E767290

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called and emailed them again with this specific information. It seems like they’re finally taking me seriously.

Heading to Tractor Supply for bolts after work and hope to get this thing mounted Sunday/Monday.

@JustSendItDude and I realized we’d have to cut off part of the clutch handle for it to clear the intercooler hose for the Apex Badland.

I’ve ordered the following parts to build an arm to flip the clutch from above. I ended up ordering the 18” extension. I’m going to cut out a notch in the socket to fit the clutch arm (or what’s left of it).

Ford Bronco RC Modular Bumper Hidden Winch Install Video🎞️ 43536782-5AED-4511-B17B-A2630E767290
Ummm, sorry but that seems excessive haha. Going to be an expensive extension. I bought a 9$ grabber teacher arm and it works great!

Sponsored

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ummm, sorry but that seems excessive haha. Going to be an expensive extension. I bought a 9$ grabber teacher arm and it works great!
I ordered a grabber arm too and will try it out tomorrow. The problem we’re running into is there isn’t a lot of meat left on the clutch handle after trimming it to be able to turn it and not hit the hose. The socket fit perfectly on the handle once trimmed and turns great with the extension and t-handle. I guess my only concern would be if the grabber can grip it well enough to be able to turn it. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I don’t trust those plastic arms. Plus this all fits in my tool roll and are nice components to have around. The 18” was a few bucks cheaper 😆

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I don’t trust those plastic arms. Plus this all fits in my tool roll and are nice components to have around. The 18” was a few bucks cheaper 😆
Oh, I thought you were going to chop up all the tools and weld them together. If you're going to be using them as tools for other things as well, that's understandable haha. I Might cut a broom stick handle and zap strap it in haha.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh, I thought you were going to chop up all the tools and weld them together. If you're going to be using them as tools for other things as well, that's understandable haha. I Might cut a broom stick handle and zap strap it in haha.
@JustSendItDude found that if you cut the clutch handle just right, you can fit the socket over it perfectly. So, the tools will be usable elsewhere. Cutting the socket plan was before I realized how much of the handle needs to be hacked off to clear the intercooler hose.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Successful install. Pretty seamless. Having the Baja fogs with disconnects was clutch. I leveraged the ends of the bumper with a pair of milk crates on each side unbolted and was easily able to walk it over and out of the way.

The biggest pain was reinstalling the driver side tow hook/intercooler mounts and the mount plate. I had to pry it toward the winch to align the holes. That being said, it just took a few extra minutes.

I am not settled on where to mount the battery disconnect. Right now it’s naturally sitting on the fuse box. It might make the most sense to drill some holes in the cover.

Ford Bronco RC Modular Bumper Hidden Winch Install Video🎞️ 27E81F7A-7A23-4C66-9969-6B4CC78AF7E0

Ford Bronco RC Modular Bumper Hidden Winch Install Video🎞️ 5B20F808-A531-4B9D-9A1D-DBC6E06BB854

I cut the clutch handle to 1.5” and the socket arm works flawlessly. Just need to be careful not to drop the socket when retrieving…almost thought I was going to have to drop the skid completely to get it out. 😬

Ford Bronco RC Modular Bumper Hidden Winch Install Video🎞️ 051DDB85-7CE4-4CBE-934D-05DE38E7FDF0
Sponsored