First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrek, Ford transit, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The JCR support brackets are different and attach to the sport bar and the top and require you to remove it. I’m choosing to install both the RCI and the JCR brackets together. I hope that helps any confusion in my decision to install them at the same time when I’m ready to complete the project.
I quoted wrong person, but he was looking for directions to install the RCI brackets.

Like you I am going to install the RCI bracket and the JCR

Saltwater Junkie

Outer Banks
First Name
Sir Fishin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 7.3 F350, 22 7.3 F350, 23 2.7 BRONCO OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

just patiently waiting to see their solution.
And patience are running thin..anyone heard from RCI or installed their "fix"..Is it time to look at other options?

vanlab

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrek, Ford transit, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought JCR roof reinforcement, seems like the only solution, my roof was pushed in so bad that water runs inside

Saltwater Junkie

Outer Banks
First Name
Sir Fishin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 7.3 F350, 22 7.3 F350, 23 2.7 BRONCO OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those interested..
Halloween sale in effect. 🎃 👻 🧛‍♂️

Sponsored

Cbgarrett

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up the RCI half rack for my badlands. Fit and finish is top notch and very sturdy once installed.

rack.jpg

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Picked up the RCI half rack for my badlands. Fit and finish is top notch and very sturdy once installed.

Ford Bronco RCI Modular Roof Rack NOW AVAILABLE! rack
it’s interesting to see your middle panel is slightly tilted at the front without the full rack. Do you know if it was tilted prior to installing the half rack itself?

Porthos06

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im in the process of having the 4 door rack with support installed. There was a delay due to a couple of wrong parts for other installs. I'll provide pics when its all done.

Cbgarrett

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it’s interesting to see your middle panel is slightly tilted at the front without the full rack. Do you know if it was tilted prior to installing the half rack itself?
Not sure what you mean by tilted.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure what you mean by tilted.
If you look at the lines between the mid panel and the front panels, the middle panel is tilted slightly upwards, this causes the roof lines to not match up. It’s particularly evident if you follow the line above the windows from left to right

this has been noticed in pretty much every full length RCI rack install on 4 door Broncos. Some folks have it so bad that the roof sags and in some cases even touches the rear roll bar area

just a question for curiosity sake

Sponsored

dmarked00

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you look at the lines between the mid panel and the front panels, the middle panel is tilted slightly upwards, this causes the roof lines to not match up. It’s particularly evident if you follow the line above the windows from left to right

this has been noticed in pretty much every full length RCI rack install on 4 door Broncos. Some folks have it so bad that the roof sags and in some cases even touches the rear roll bar area

It’s my opinion that because the Bronco hard top is a four piece top, any rack, especially a full rack has the potential to cause alignment issues between the panels. I also have the RCI rack, it was installed before the support bracket was available and I haven’t removed it yet just to install it. While I have some flex in the rearmost section, it’s not as bad as I’ve seen on other hardtops. ✌🏼

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s my opinion that because the Bronco hard top is a four piece top, any rack, especially a full rack has the potential to cause alignment issues between the panels. I also have the RCI rack, it was installed before the support bracket was available and I haven’t removed it yet just to install it. While I have some flex in the rearmost section, it’s not as bad as I’ve seen on other hardtops. ✌🏼
I appreciate that and think I recognize your sentiment from another post

Thank you sir

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

rack.jpg
Do you have the front fairing installed? Can you post a pic? I’ve been thinking of ordering one for when I don’t need the full rack.

Cbgarrett

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I doubt I ever would have noticed that! I didn't notice anything before. I did just install the little support piece this afternoon
Sponsored