First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt I ever would have noticed that! I didn't notice anything before. I did just install the little support piece this afternoon
Ultimately if you have no rattle or noises in the roof, and especially no leaks, then if the alignment doesn’t bother you, no worries. ✌🏼
Sponsored

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have off road experience with the RCI Rack and the new roof support bracket? I'm itching to pull the trigger on a purchase, but I want to see if the roof sag issue is fixed. Also, is anyone using the side mollie panels? My plan is to install the side panels for Rotopax fuel and water. At times I could carry two 4 gallon rotopax containers on each side. I'm wondering how this load affects the rack, although I suspect much of the load is carried by the side body under the roof.

Why don't the other racks, like Trailrax, have this roof sag issue? It seems that RCI's sense of urgency on this issue is underwhelming.

vanlab

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrek, Ford transit, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the side molle panels will help spread
load, so thats a good idea.

I did buy a jcroffroad.com roof support kit for mine, the wedge that rci sent out for center roof latch doesn't seem like enough.

Part of the issue I think is a ford thing and the rci rack just helps discover it... that's just me 🫠

Anyone have off road experience with the RCI Rack and the new roof support bracket? I'm itching to pull the trigger on a purchase, but I want to see if the roof sag issue is fixed. Also, is anyone using the side mollie panels? My plan is to install the side panels for Rotopax fuel and water. At times I could carry two 4 gallon rotopax containers on each side. I'm wondering how this load affects the rack, although I suspect much of the load is carried by the side body under the roof.

Why don't the other racks, like Trailrax, have this roof sag issue? It seems that RCI's sense of urgency on this issue is underwhelming.

dmarked00

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the side molle panels will help spread
load, so thats a good idea.

I did buy a jcroffroad.com roof support kit for mine, the wedge that rci sent out for center roof latch doesn't seem like enough.

Part of the issue I think is a ford thing and the rci rack just helps discover it... that's just me 🫠
I have very light off-road use since I put my RCI rack on, and did notice a difference in the sag of the middle of the rear most hardtop section; not as much as others but still noticeable difference. I never off-road with say my kayaks installed on my rack, so having a dynamic load would only make flex worse but I want to use the RCI and JCR support brackets together and give myself the best possible result. I think the OEM top is the issue and I am hyper focused on the RCI because that’s what I bought, specifically because they advertise and demonstrated the removal of the roof panels with the rack installed. ✌🏼in any of my interactions with RCI they’re always super helpful.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It seems that RCI's sense of urgency on this issue is underwhelming.
Strange, I thought their reaction and solution was incredibly fast and satisfactory. I’ll likely install the JCR version as well - just to play it safe, but this is all a project for early spring. I haven’t had any leaks/squeaking/air issues.

Sponsored

cosmicsloth

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend, 1956 Chevy Bel-Air
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Strange, I thought their reaction and solution was incredibly fast and satisfactory. I’ll likely install the JCR version as well - just to play it safe, but this is all a project for early spring. I haven’t had any leaks/squeaking/air issues.
Would agree with this as well, just got my roof rack in today and was watching this post before making an account to see if they'd address the issue. I ordered my rack a week ago and it arrived today with the new support bracket.

islander98

Wildtrak
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been following this and have quickly read through all of the pages. I went to the JCR website to look up the brace they make and how it works. Couldn't see it but my wife often tells me that I have limited finding skills. Can anyone point me there? Thanks.

vanlab

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrek, Ford transit, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

islander98

Wildtrak
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the quick response. I saw that but was confused if it was the one being referred to. Looking like a good addition even with the modifications offered by RCI. Cheers.

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Received this last night. Seems to be new rear clamps and some type of support bracket? No instructions were included so I have no clue where the support bracket is supposed to be installed. Let me know if anyone has ideas
IMG_0224.jpeg
Has anyone got these support backet installed yet? Still having trouble seeing how these attached even with the instruction provided. I need visuals to see how they attach to the Bronco.

Sponsored

hyperion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Obeh4ve

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So very interested in your first photo where only the "back" part of the roof rack is installed. Was this just for a photo, or have you used the roof rack in this fashion for trips?

I really like the idea of a roof rack that only covers the back section of the hardtop roof, making it easy to remove the front and middle sections for open air driving without having to deal with the stupid factory roof rack removal process.

If the rear only section is well-secured, and can be purchased that way, I think I will buy it.
I see the car portion has a nice rake angle on the front. A nice blocking plate to make this more aerodynamic would be a nice addition. Similar to the front of the full rack.

Obeh4ve

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Production model #1 right here. We LOVE it.
A38EFD50-B176-4E1F-9C74-BA739A456D7A.jpeg
It's probably just me but I would be bothered by the inconsistent gap between roof and rails. Might be camera angle. I can definitely see me fiddling with this until the gap was consistent.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's probably just me but I would be bothered by the inconsistent gap between roof and rails. Might be camera angle. I can definitely see me fiddling with this until the gap was consistent.
It’s a bit of camera angle and the pieces of the hard top. It’s a quality and solid unit. We still love it.
Sponsored