Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed mine this weekend.

It took just over 8 weeks from order to delivery. Rear and front fairing arrived damaged so I hope RCI will replace them. I had to make up some of the instructions, especially for the light bar install, but everything ended up OK. I still have 6 carrage bolts that i have no idea what to do with.The front brackets didn't look like the directions...I thought they modified it so the faring sits lower on the windshield. That was the deciding factor in my order so I'm a bit bummed that it's not flush with the windshield.

20230612_201313.jpg

20230612_201338.jpg

20230612_201259.jpg
Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine installed yesterday. Some tweaks need to be made to light bar position. I was missing a couple nyloc nuts and there are a few places with thin or missing powder coat. Easy to put together. Besides the powder coat issue I think it's a nice looking rack.

PXL_20230411_224636467.jpg

PXL_20230411_225930476.jpg
Took a while to figure it out but to get the light bar flush you actually need to move the first crossrail forward and Mount the bracket to the lip. I started with mine flush to the fairing but had to move it a few inches back to stop the whistling.
[/QUOTE]
Is your light bar mounted on the top of the crossrail? I thought it would be mounted to the front of the crossrail for a lower profile.

Vizsla23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is your light bar mounted on the top of the crossrail? I thought it would be mounted to the front of the crossrail for a lower profile.
[/QUOTE]

Here is the closeup of what I did to make it work. It looks like yours are mounted vertical on the rail holding the faring. You need to add another rail (like I did) or move the first rail forward into the longer slot.

20230612_201259.jpg

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the closeup of what I did to make it work. It looks like yours are mounted vertical on the rail holding the faring. You need to add another rail (like I did) or move the first rail forward into the longer slot.

Ford Bronco RCI Modular Roof Rack NOW AVAILABLE! 20230612_201259

[/QUOTE]
Oh that blue one wasn't mine. I was wondering with it was sitting up high and the one in this picture wasn't.

Bingham23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed this rack in January and haven't had any issues (with the rack). I recently took my Bronco to the dealer to see what the problem with my roof panel was. The latch on the middle roof panel that connects it to the rear is sitting on top of the roll bar and rubbing paint off. After looking at another hard top Bronco, I saw that there should be a gap of about 1.5 inches between that latch and bar.

Got a call back from the dealer today and they say that it's the aftermarket roof rack causing the roof to sag down. Has anyone else had this issue? All I have carried on this rack is a set of Maxtrax and an awning, so no heavy loads that would be pushing down on the roof. The cactus is mine, velocity blue is how it should look.

Ford Bronco RCI Modular Roof Rack NOW AVAILABLE! IMG_9689

Ford Bronco RCI Modular Roof Rack NOW AVAILABLE! IMG_9688

Sponsored

dmarked00

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed this rack in January and haven't had any issues (with the rack). I recently took my Bronco to the dealer to see what the problem with my roof panel was. The latch on the middle roof panel that connects it to the rear is sitting on top of the roll bar and rubbing paint off. After looking at another hard top Bronco, I saw that there should be a gap of about 1.5 inches between that latch and bar.

Got a call back from the dealer today and they say that it's the aftermarket roof rack causing the roof to sag down. Has anyone else had this issue? All I have carried on this rack is a set of Maxtrax and an awning, so no heavy loads that would be pushing down on the roof. The cactus is mine, velocity blue is how it should look.

I’ve ordered my RCI rack and it hasn’t come yet, so I’ve been following the thread. This is concerning but seeing it now and knowing the way the hard top comes off in four pieces, now doesn’t surprise me but is disappointing to me, as I’m sure it is disappointing to you and I think this speaks to the top not supporting the weight of the rack, regardless of the load (or lack thereof). I’ve seen a video describing how the OEM top is made (after I ordered the rack) and now this adds to my concerns. Thanks for sharing this information. ✌🏼

Bingham23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve ordered my RCI rack and it hasn’t come yet, so I’ve been following the thread. This is concerning but seeing it now and knowing the way the hard top comes off in four pieces, now doesn’t surprise me but is disappointing to me, as I’m sure it is disappointing to you and I think this speaks to the top not supporting the weight of the rack, regardless of the load (or lack thereof). I’ve seen a video describing how the OEM top is made (after I ordered the rack) and now this adds to my concerns. Thanks for sharing this information. ✌🏼
I'm not convinced the rack is what caused it. I haven't seen anyone else have that issue. I can't say 100%, but I think my roof was like that prior to the rack being installed. It wouldn't make sense for the rack to push down the center of the roof like that while bearing hardly any weight. Also, it uses the same attachment points as the factory roof rails

dmarked00

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not convinced the rack is what caused it. I haven't seen anyone else have that issue. I can't say 100%, but I think my roof was like that prior to the rack being installed. It wouldn't make sense for the rack to push down the center of the roof like that while bearing hardly any weight. Also, it uses the same attachment points as the factory roof rails
I’m going to check mine before installing the rack and see if I have any issues. Please don’t mistake me that I think the rack is the issue, rather I’m blaming the top.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I’m a bit confused at what I’m looking at in the first image. Where is the plate that the latch connects with? Is the center of your roof panels sagging low? I dunno how the rack could cause that.

Bingham23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a bit confused at what I’m looking at in the first image. Where is the plate that the latch connects with? Is the center of your roof panels sagging low? I dunno how the rack could cause that.
Correct, the middle of the roof is “sagging”. Dealer blamed it all on the “aftermarket roof rack”, but I don’t see how there’s anyway that could cause the roof to warp/sag down

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Correct, the middle of the roof is “sagging”. Dealer blamed it all on the “aftermarket roof rack”, but I don’t see how there’s anyway that could cause the roof to warp/sag down
Only thing I can think of is the side attachments points pulling it in…I’m gonna go check mine.

dmarked00

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I checked, mine isn’t touching and I’m still waiting for my rack. ✌🏼

IMG_0921.jpeg

IMG_0920.jpeg

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well shit. Mine is doing this too. But, I have a Jtop mesh installed - so, I’m not rubbing. But, I wonder if the @JcrOffroad roof support brackets would help.

@RCI Offroad - have you seen this happen before?

I Like Soup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram PowerWagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following along! I have the RCI roof rack and the latch to the rear cap is rattling like mad. It also unlatches itself. I also have the middle panel peaked like in your picture above. I personally do not believe this is related to the roof rack but will do some more investigating and report back. I have personally met several of the RCI employees and they are a super helpful bunch. They helped me fix some install issues and went more than the extra mile in their customer support. I have many of their products and am happy with all of them.

Also after some experiences with my dealer and these roof top/hard top issues they basically said that the excessive wind noise, rattle, etc was "normal" and shuffled us out the door so it doesn't surprise me that your dealer used the aftermarket excuse to ignore the problem. Seems like the Magnuson-Moss act would apply here. Keep us posted.

Thanks!
Sponsored