Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Clicking on your post so we can get the B&P ??

Well that will be no likes for you my friend ?

No, no kind of swag, at least they haven't given me any yet...

And it's just a number. I guess it could tell you that someone has been around awhile, or maybe that person offers up worthwhile information.. Or maybe they're just funny.

Hell why am I trying to explain this again? Idk, it's just a number...

Now once again, when my reaction score hits 3500,you guys get B&P, now do your thing!
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really need to obsess over something other than Broncos.. Just. Well everything else sucks right now. My reaction score is too damn high....
Sorry for getting all worked up, was watching "On the Waterfront."
Having a high Reaction Score is meaningless.
It is the ratio of Reaction Score to Message count that is so important.
This may have merit in that if one has a negative ratio they may also possess a life off the internets.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Having a high Reaction Score is meaningless.
It is the ratio of Reaction Score to Message count that is so important.
That could be so. So what's better? Approx. 3-1? Or 4-1 ratio? Just asking for a friend ?

Btw, another thing to note, I'm pretty sure replies to a specific post don't count towards reaction score. So that's just 1 more thing to consider.

Aside from reaction scores, you can usually figure out after a few posts who is putting forth worthwhile opinions or facts.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I’m trying to get at is that....I’ve seen people reply just to reply or make a comment to get a “high” reaction score...I’m just trying to filter out the nonsense ??
Can you tell me what web site I can go to to get one of those mind reading devices? Sorry, but it's a big pet peeve of mine when someone throws out conjecture on someone else's motivations as if it is fact.

I am curious if you see the irony in creating a whole new, essentially worthless thread about reaction scores, with the theory that they are causing additional fluff posts and "noise." Very meta of you.

Everyone, please upvote this post.

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you tell me what web site I can go to to get one of those mind reading devices? Sorry, but it's a big pet peeve of mine when someone throws out conjecture on someone else's motivations as if it is fact.

I am curious if you see the irony in creating a whole new, essentially worthless thread about reaction scores, with the theory that they are causing additional fluff posts and "noise." Very meta of you.

Everyone, please upvote this post.
I don’t see the irony...see original post...was wondering if there was incentive in having a “high” score. I’m definitely NOT trying to out do you ?? I’m just here for info...see additional post...comments like yours is what i worry about...no added value ?‍♂

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reacting to a post is a way to acknowledge that you support, agree, or appreciate a post that someone made.

Perhaps it’s because you share their opinion, or agree with their conclusion, or appreciate their information, or they made you laugh and you’re glad they’re here.

Every time you “like” or otherwise “react” to a specific post, other people see that reaction, and the person who made the post has their profile reaction score increased by one.

Not only is this a “game theory” way of encouraging people to post meaningful replies to increase their own score, it can also cut down on random chatter of people having to reply to a post just to say they agree with it.

When you see a high reaction score on someone‘s profile, or a specific post, it’s a sign that their peers on the forum approve of their behavior or comments, in one way or another... and it could conceivably be used to help you determine who’s opinion, or which specific post, you should weigh more heavily.

And also, it objectively proves that I’m a better person than everyone else with a lower number than me.

It’s science.
For whatever reason , I totally agree with the qouted post.

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

“Weather” thread, “Bored on a Friday”...you’re telling me these are Bronco related posts? Next thing you know this will be a dating forum...

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Weather” thread, “Bored on a Friday”...you’re telling me these are Bronco related posts? Next thing you know this will be a dating forum...
So tell me, Mtap, what are you wearing?