Sponsored

Rear Auxiliary Wire Could Have Been Longer?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I presume that by now someone has utilized the rear auxiliary switch wire? I can see the wire behind the passenger rear panel through the small removeable panel but it's so short that I cannot access it, should have been at least 6" longer to be able to access through the small removeable panel.
Do you have to remove the entire passenger side cargo area panel to access the wire?
Sponsored

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been considering that wire on our 2 door. It seems to me from my limited poking around that the front part of the passengerside trim will need to come at least partially off. I've pulled the rear most part of this panel to install and fish an antenna wire. The front is harder for me to get to.

If I get into it this week I will post more info. Sure wish the trim was held on by screws/bolts instead of push pop plastic thingys.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
You definitely need to remove the panel in the two door. I have it opened up now I should extend it while I have the chance. Although I’ve become somewhat of a pro after removing it 20 plus times lol.

Sassy BD

Black Diamond
First Name
DD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Grand Wagoneer, 16 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am surprised we don't see a post like this in the feed every day. They really did go short.

mark2215

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used the wire to tie backup lights into the aux switch. I did have to remove the rear cargo area floor and passenger side panel to get to the wire. It wasn't too bad to remove but I don't like pulling panels off, I always end up breaking the plastic clips.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the feedback. Guess I'll be removing the panel this weekend:censored:

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I found the right side rear wire on my 2 door. What a waste of time!!!
It is right at 1.5 inch long and right beside the rear seat. It is so difficult to get to inorder to attach another wire that I just ran my own from the Auxilliary Switch wire in the upper drivers side of the engine compartment.

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I used the wire to tie backup lights into the aux switch. I did have to remove the rear cargo area floor and passenger side panel to get to the wire. It wasn't too bad to remove but I don't like pulling panels off, I always end up breaking the plastic clips.
@mark2215 Can you post pics of your wiring? I'm thinking of installing the Oracle backup lights; I'd like to tie them into an Aux switch so I can turn them on at night if needed. Any details of the wiring would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored