Sponsored

Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier (No license Plate Relocate)

DVO50

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Diesel, GMC 1500 3.0 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone found a nice rear bumper with a tire carrier that does not require the license plate to be relocated? I like the style of the Rock Hard 4x4 bumper, but can't get past the point that they use many of their products as an advertising billboard.
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mounting the license plate on the spare is a hard no for me.

IMPO the aftermarket is underdeveloped in this area. (I also want dual swing, twin jerrycan & the to be camera relocated to the bumper).

The only option that I’m aware of is SRQ’s in house brand True North. I’ve not been able to see one of these in person, so no experience yet.

ictbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP

DVO50

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Diesel, GMC 1500 3.0 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately they do not offer a tire carrier. I really want to get the weight off of the tailgate.

76FordBronco

Badlands
First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Expedition One has a dual swing bumper, unfortunately the tag is on the tire. You might could modify and put it on the jerry can side. I haven't seen this bumper with the dual swing and asked them for pictures and they said they didn't have any at the the time (a yr ago).

https://www.expeditiononestore.com/...-Single-Swing-Tire-Carrier-System_p_2262.html

I am (for the time being) leaning towards the LOD bumper. While it is not a dual swing it has the ability to add attachments for the jerry cans, tools, basket, etc. I do not want to mix my bumpers so I like that it has the matching front bumper that can accept the stock fogs and add round light instead of square.

https://lodoffroad.com/category/bronco-destroyer-rear-bumper-w-tire-carrier

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not a lot of bumpers out there with provisions for the plate, and I can give a few reasons why. First, most people buying an aftermarket bumper would like more clearance off-road. This alone takes space away for the plate. Next is that most people want recovery points. Structurally these need to be tied to the frame, which is directly behind the stock plate location. Once you rule out that area and factor the number of Broncos that have rear parking sensors there simply aren't any places large enough for the plate to be mounted.

All that said, there are other options besides moving the plate to the spare tire. I'm not a fan of that solution myself, which is why we designed this bracket that mounts to the existing spare tire rack hardware. It doesn't ever have to be removed, and comes with a light and wiring.
https://www.stinkyfab.com/collectio...icense-plate-relocation-bracket-for-bronco-6g

Rear-Bumper-8.jpg
Sponsored