Sponsored

Rear camera relocation

Doc_Tyma

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2017 (soon to be 2023 OBX 4Dr)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello there!

My OBX non-SAS should be in my hands late August/early September. We haul bikes everywhere we go and I am trying to find a way to relocate the camera without losing 360 functionality, be able to see through the camera, etc. Has anyone done this? Is it even possible? I know you can do it with a JLU, and they have a similar set-up that can be moved. Any attempts or insights or warnings would be appreciated. TIA!
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello there!

My OBX non-SAS should be in my hands late August/early September. We haul bikes everywhere we go and I am trying to find a way to relocate the camera without losing 360 functionality, be able to see through the camera, etc. Has anyone done this? Is it even possible? I know you can do it with a JLU, and they have a similar set-up that can be moved. Any attempts or insights or warnings would be appreciated. TIA!
It wouldn't be hard at all. You just need the extended optical cable and the mount. Unfortunately, I don't know the proper name of the cable, but I've disconnected it & the camera a number of times. I have also moved my front camera with a kit that included the proper cable 🤠

OP
OP

Doc_Tyma

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2017 (soon to be 2023 OBX 4Dr)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It wouldn't be hard at all. You just need the extended optical cable and the mount. Unfortunately, I don't know the proper name of the cable, but I've disconnected it & the camera a number of times. I have also moved my front camera with a kit that included the proper cable 🤠
I was thinking about this. Thank you for the insight. One thought I had: I have no idea how the 360 camera integrates the image from that position and have no idea how to recalibrate the software if it screwed something up.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking about this. Thank you for the insight. One thought I had: I have no idea how the 360 camera integrates the image from that position and have no idea how to recalibrate the software if it screwed something up.
I didn't have any issue with the front. I don't think it would be a problem as the cameras in the mirrors cover the sides & you would just have the end of your trailer view that would be representative of the end of your Bronco on the screen. Might have a little gap in the rear of the Bronco sides but I don't think it would be too bad.
Sponsored