PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pretty sure your former President recommended drinking bleach, so ya... good point lol.
Ummmmmm... Don't know how to take this. We went from talking about over loading a frame cross member to political International shit talking? I'm not engaging. Not the forum for it
Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be shocked if a factory replacement loop identical to the one you have would be more than $70, crawl underneath and get the part number, then go to forddiscountparts.com or Tascaparts.com and run the number in their part search.
I just looked up a front tow hook for a 2020 Ranger, $130... Jebus, they're proud of their steel.
Ha! Chrome ones for a 2019 Ranger are $65.

Edit: winnah! An F150 part, possibly the same, black or chrome.
Note: these are not Bronco spec hooks, they are similar in design but not the same configuration. The Bronco versions appear to have a 45 degree down angle.
Ford Bronco Rear recovery points Screenshot_20210825-010848_DuckDuckGo

Last edited:
OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just looked up a front tow hook for a 2020 Ranger, $130... Jebus, they're proud of their steel.
Ha! Chrome ones for a 2019 Ranger are $65.

Edit: winnah! An F150 part, possibly the same, black or chrome.
Note: these are not Bronco spec hooks, they are similar in design but not the same configuration. The Bronco versions appear to have a 45 degree down angle.
Ford Bronco Rear recovery points Screenshot_20210825-010848_DuckDuckGo
These tow shackles should fit then?

Ford Bronco Rear recovery points 1632064875806

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did anyone try the alternate ford tow shackles on the rear? Not sure I want to be the first…

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did anyone try the alternate ford tow shackles on the rear? Not sure I want to be the first…
I had removed my fronts to mount Blue Ox baseplate. The fronts do not fit the rear, and hence the RC shackle adapters wouldn't either. The rears need 2 3/4" C to C on bolts, fronts are bigger.

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had removed my fronts to mount Blue Ox baseplate. The fronts do not fit the rear, and hence the RC shackle adapters wouldn't either. The rears need 2 3/4" C to C on bolts, fronts are bigger.
No, I wouldn't expect the Bronco front shackles to fit the rear. The rears have a slight bend downward to avoid the bumper. It looks like the alternative Ford shackles that I was thinking of trying on the rear are straight across the top and look like they would hit the rear bumper (although the hole placement and size looks about right). Maybe I could offset with some washers, but then who knows how functional it would be???

Ford Bronco Rear recovery points IMG_1962

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, I wouldn't expect the Bronco front shackles to fit the rear. The rears have a slight bend downward to avoid the bumper. It looks like the alternative Ford shackles that I was thinking of trying on the rear are straight across the top and look like they would hit the rear bumper (although the hole placement and size looks about right). Maybe I could offset with some washers, but then who knows how functional it would be???

IMG_1962.jpg
I didn't tell the whole story, but I did put the front on the rear using a big washer on one bolt, OK for now, but looking for a real one for decent price. ASFIR (?) has one but it's aluminum and I actually like the looks of the Ford ones better.