First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm considering a DIY rear cargo shelf to keep valuable somewhat secure. I know, if they want it bad enough nothing will stop them. I don't want to place a wall up against the back. So I am wondering if there is any way to lock the rear seats from folding forward, allowing a thief to get into the cargo area from the back seats?

For reference: 4dr soft top.
Sponsored

sage729

Big Bend
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Big Bend soft top, Area 51, non SAS, mid pack
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven't seen anything about keeping the rear seats locked but that is a great idea. I've looked at the cargo drawer but I don't want to lose so much storage space. I'm trying to think of a solution to go under the back seats.

jp9901

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ford bronco black diamond, 02 dodge dakota slt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Half joking, but toddler booster seats seem to do a good job. You could also just mount something to the latches in the seats on each side.

OP
OP

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've ordered the JCR cargo MOLLE panels and was going to order the cargo tray that attaches to them. Then I started thinking about making a DIY tray that I attach to the side MOLLE panels. I'm going to try to fabricate some kind of lock that connect the tray to the child seat anchors on the back of the rear seats.
I'll update in the coming weeks as I work through it.

jp9901

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ford bronco black diamond, 02 dodge dakota slt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
sounds like a good plan, hopefully it turns out good for you. I know installing the ford cargo enclosure was kind of frustrating when I had the child seat installed so it should be enough to at least confuse them. Most of the time its a matter of how much effort the guy wants to put in to get what he thinks you have.

Greatest protection is to park in a garage if you can honestly. I know not everyone has that luxury though.

Sponsored

Dave_1978

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Half joking, but toddler booster seats seem to do a good job. You could also just mount something to the latches in the seats on each side.
Actually, there is something to this. You could use a strap to anchor from the rear children seat bar on the back of the seats to the tie down points in the cargo area then use the tonneau cover or something similar to secure the top. Can't fold down the seats with it anchored down and can't get in from the top.

OP
OP

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually, there is something to this. You could use a strap to anchor from the rear children seat bar on the back of the seats to the tie down points in the cargo area then use the tonneau cover or something similar to secure the top. Can't fold down the seats with it anchored down and can't get in from the top.
Similar to my plan. I'll use the child seat anchors to strap/lock to a hard cover over the rear cargo area.

GAN

Badlands
First Name
Gan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BUMP ....any updates or alternative solutions?
Sponsored