Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have upgraded all speakers (base), and added an under seat sub. There appears to be a difference of opinion, of whether a rear speaker flash is required to open full functionality of the rear speakers, or if a Forscan change will fix it. There is definitely a difference with the rear speakers. Out of the four dealerships in my area, only one is aware of the rear speaker flash, and it is $130. For any that have had it done, is the juice worth the squeeze?
Sponsored

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got my jbl soundbar flashed by the dealer. It's worth it, I also had a hard time finding someone that would do it. Which is crazy cuz the soundbar came with instructions for them lol.

I dunno if the flash for a sub or just the rear pods would be worth it, unless you have some crazy awesome pod speakers. I hooked my subs/amp up to the kick panel speakers, and they sound great.

Forscan didn't help me at all.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You don't want to read the other 50+ page thread? lol.

Me, either.
I wish there was a way to tag each comment as information and nonsense so you could filter through and avoid all the noise.

OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish there was a way to tag each comment as information and nonsense so you could filter through and avoid all the noise.
Agreed. I was attempting to get a concise answer from those that have sprung for the flash. I ran my sub off the kick panel speakers, and it sounds good, I just want to find out if paying for the flash for the rear pods is worth the $130. They definitely underperform.

Sponsored

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
...and now we have another thread with questions but no answers.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some have had it done for like $30...maybe shop around more?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s probably an hour of shop labor wherever you go. I tried to do it on mine but the flash wasn’t available for B&O. FDRS can be a pain in the ass so I think it would take 30-60 minutes start to finish but can’t comment on the outcome.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Isn’t the money better spent on the forescan hardware for future reflashing of other things? Budget Bronco on YouTube and 6G showed a video on how to do it. Seemed easy enough.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Isn’t the money better spent on the forescan hardware for future reflashing of other things? Budget Bronco on YouTube and 6G showed a video on how to do it. Seemed easy enough.
I would think the same, but it sounds like Forscan vs JBL flash is still undetermined. Some people swear by the 3800 change, others say it didn't work.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some have had it done for like $30...maybe shop around more?
Thanks Jokker. I may have to check larger towns. I live in a rural area, and checked every Ford dealership within 50 miles.

OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would think the same, but it sounds like Forscan vs JBL flash is still undetermined. Some people swear by the 3800 change, others say it didn't work.
That was what my research has revealed so far. Still considering Forscan for GOAT modes, double honk, etc.

Whitebronc35

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I tried the 3800 and the 0900 change in forscan but I wasnt crazy about either sound. I did both at one time, then each change individually and honestly my stock 382B setting had the most midrange, up front, when I change speakers.
It's a shame my 2017 F250 work truck has a better sound system than the Bronco.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easy enough! Make the "like" feature sortable so the highest liked shows up first and so on... Some programmer genius should be able to hack that out in a few hours.... My IT support team always cringes when I say sh!t like that! Hehehehehehehe!

Whitebronc35

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I tried the 3800 and the 0900 change in forscan but I wasnt crazy about either sound. I did both at one time, then each change individually and honestly my stock 382B setting had the most midrange, up front, when I change speakers.
It's a shame my 2017 F250 work truck has a better sound system than the Bronco.
Which I do use SiriusXm for 100% of my music so that may have something to do with the quality. Haven't tried Bluetooth yet to stream from my phone.
Sponsored