drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will help manage a load on a roof rack.
Thank you.

Yes this is what I was told at Ford for the purpose of the sway bar for the Sasquatch package. It approves the installation of the factory roof rack. I think this was a safety compliance thing to get the ratings for roll stability.

I also don’t think it can be bolted on directly. While the axle mounting should go on (it bolts to where the upper link ears are) I think the frame has an additional bracket for the end links. I doubt 2021 models had this. You might get lucky and all 4 door 2022 models have it already pre-fabbed but I’m not for sure. Considering Badlands and Black Diamonds have their own unique frame additions (lower link mount guards) I am betting this is only added to models ordered with Sasquatch on the frame line.

OP
OP
jorgem31

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you.

Yes this is what I was told at Ford for the purpose of the sway bar for the Sasquatch package. It approves the installation of the factory roof rack. I think this was a safety compliance thing to get the ratings for roll stability.

I also don’t think it can be bolted on directly. While the axle mounting should go on (it bolts to where the upper link ears are) I think the frame has an additional bracket for the end links. I doubt 2021 models had this. You might get lucky and all 4 door 2022 models have it already pre-fabbed but I’m not for sure. Considering Badlands and Black Diamonds have their own unique frame additions (lower link mount guards) I am betting this is only added to models ordered with Sasquatch on the frame line.
Someone posted an article about this on Bronco Nation and compared a 2022 to a 21. The 22 had the sway bar but interestingly the 21 had the mounting holes for it.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone posted an article about this on Bronco Nation and compared a 2022 to a 21. The 22 had the sway bar but interestingly the 21 had the mounting holes for it.
It has two of the four mounting locations required. As I stated the axle has the mounting locations but the frame doesn’t have them for the end links. A sway bar ties the axle and frame together so you need a mount on each. Like the lower link guards, the sway bar frame mounts are likely welded on on an individual basis based on build specs.

See this post about someone who bought everything and then found out the hard way when they went to install it.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...sway-bar-update-poll-added.33502/post-1223533

freetors

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you guys will forgive me I'm gonna go off in the weeds here a little. I think it would be really interesting if someone built a longitudinal z-bar sway bar system for the bronco. "What's that?" you say... Imagine a traditional sway bar looks like this \__/ As you can see when one side goes up there will be a reaction force through the bar causing the other side to go up a little bit too. Now instead, let's imagine you took that bar and bent one of the end the opposite direction and made it sort of a |\| shape (the 'z' in z-bar). In this configurations, pushing up on one side pushes the other side down.

Moving this back to the bronco, if we took a couple of these z bars and ran them front to back, connecting the LF to LR, and RF to RR, whenever cornering forces are applied the longitudinal z-bar resists vehicle roll! As an added benefit we can also use slightly softer main springs since the z-bar is carrying a small portion of the weight too. But here is the biggest benefit that I want people to walk away with - a longitudinal Z bar system is PRO-FLEX! All traditional u-shaped sway bars are ANTI-FLEX. Let's say you're driving up a single sided ramp on your driver side, like an RTI ramp. As you progress up the ramp with normal suspension and conventional swaybars, load is gradually APPLIED TO the LF and RR tires, and TAKEN FROM the LR and RF tires. We all already know this and it's pretty intuitive. But doing the same with the long. z-bars we see that as the LF and RR are loaded up they begin to transfer load to the other, less loaded tires, actually pushing them down and giving us more consistent traction!

There are many different ways of doing a z-bar beyond just a conventional torsion spring with lever arms too. You could use, hydraulics, cables to a coil spring, linkages to a coil spring, whatever, just use your imagination. I think the more open packaging and ladder frame of the bronco would be able to allow a clever installation of this more easily than conventional cars.

Thread hijack over.

Sponsored

RDTC

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350, Jeep Wangler Rubicon, Bronco Outer Bank
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2022 Outer Banks 4 door. Will be installing a rear sway bar. Ordered the parts today.

Trying to reduce body roll on the highway. Mainly use the vehicle for a daily driver.
Ford Bronco Rear Sway Bar on 2022 4-Door SAS not on 2021 SAS bronco final

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got 20K on my 2021 Badlands SAS. Lots of highway and more importantly PA backroad driving.

I typically have two speeds: on and off, when driving. I drive fast.

I guess I've embraced the body roll? Doesn't bother me in the least. I would never think of adding a RSB.

20220820_175212.jpg
Sponsored