First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
https://www.reuters.com/business/au...mln-charge-related-suv-van-recall-2023-09-01/

"Ford said on Friday it would replace the rearview camera and update software in some 2020-2023 Explorer and Aviator vehicles, 2020-2022 Corsair vehicles, 2022-2023 Transit vans, 2018-2021 Navigator vehicles and 2021 Bronco vehicles."

I guess this is the answer to the 4L camera/automatic update issues us 8” screen folks have been having the past year.

To be honest, I was kinda hoping for a 12” upgrade the MY24 is getting. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not really sure. I heard that the update wasn’t going to hit until October 2023. So, just assuming this was the solution. But, realizing that other vehicles in that list don’t have 4L. So, perhaps it was just a camera issue that couldn’t be resolved without the hardware availability.

Perhaps @Ducati1098 has more info?

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lowest bidder wins again... We've been doing a bunch of super duty cameras due to fogging so it could be a matter of just crappy camera and improved software strategy. The takeaway from this is the camera is taking the blame for people backing into shit instead of the driver's inability to use their mirrors, eyes and brains when the camera doesn't work. The camera shouldn't be the primary device used when performing parking maneuvers, it's a secondary or redundant system to be used with the mirrors.

This is no shit. A few years ago a customer with a brand new Escape back into a steel post in a neighboring city's shopping district while using the hands free park assist. Ford ended up buying it back after we did a ton of testing only to conclude the vehicle didn't have an issue. We discovered, after a bunch of trial and error, that the vehicle has to see an object at least 3" in diameter (the black painted post was 2.25") AND the curb (the parking spot she tried to get into was a flat brick paver section of road with no curb).

Bought back because Ford did not have any of that in writing...moral of the story, do not trust the tech.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess this is the answer to the 4L camera/automatic update issues us 8” screen folks have been having the past year.

To be honest, I was kinda hoping for a 12” upgrade the MY24 is getting. 🤷🏼‍♂️

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...mln-charge-related-suv-van-recall-2023-09-01/
Think this is a separate issue than the rear camera staying on in 4L. My '22 BD has the outstanding recall. And there is no official update to correct the issue. The update that is available is advised not to be done to those with the 8" screen.

I personally don't think it is that big of a deal as once the vehicle is cycled off the infotainment will reset. If I'm in 4L, I have way more distractions outside of the vehicle than the image projected on the infotainment screen behind me. But as it is a safety recall, Ford needs to correct it.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's just for the '21 Broncos, were the '22 and '23 having issues too or did it take a couple of years to present itself?
My 2022 front view on the 360° cam is spotty at best-sometimes the front is on, other times it's black. I've been meaning to ask the dealer but keep forgetting. Lol

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This has nothing to do with the 4L issue on the little screen. My backup camera on a ‘21 12” screen has started to fail, hardly ever works anymore. Dealer is waiting on parts and told me this recall was coming. They have a few others waiting for a new camera too.

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 77 Bronco, 04 F150, 15 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has nothing to do with the 4L issue on the little screen. My backup camera on a ‘21 12” screen has started to fail, hardly ever works anymore. Dealer is waiting on parts and told me this recall was coming. They have a few others waiting for a new camera too.
My backup camera stopped working reliably a few months ago too. I also have the 12" screen on my 21, I just figured it was related to a software update.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My backup camera stopped working reliably a few months ago too. I also have the 12" screen on my 21, I just figured it was related to a software update.
Nope. Camera is going out. This is the 3rd or 4th Ford we have had with a bad reverse camera, they always fail the same, work intermittently until they don't work at all anymore.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lowest bidder wins again... We've been doing a bunch of super duty cameras due to fogging so it could be a matter of just crappy camera and improved software strategy. The takeaway from this is the camera is taking the blame for people backing into shit instead of the driver's inability to use their mirrors, eyes and brains when the camera doesn't work. The camera shouldn't be the primary device used when performing parking maneuvers, it's a secondary or redundant system to be used with the mirrors.

This is no shit. A few years ago a customer with a brand new Escape back into a steel post in a neighboring city's shopping district while using the hands free park assist. Ford ended up buying it back after we did a ton of testing only to conclude the vehicle didn't have an issue. We discovered, after a bunch of trial and error, that the vehicle has to see an object at least 3" in diameter (the black painted post was 2.25") AND the curb (the parking spot she tried to get into was a flat brick paver section of road with no curb).

Bought back because Ford did not have any of that in writing...moral of the story, do not trust the tech.
I honestly forget mine has a backup camera. I learned to back fire engines in the truck bay in the early 90s when all we had was side mirrors. I cant back up a vehicle looking over my shoulder, I have to use mirrors. Yes, Im a weirdo

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2022 front view on the 360° cam is spotty at best-sometimes the front is on, other times it's black. I've been meaning to ask the dealer but keep forgetting. Lol
Same here with the front camera
Sponsored