Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Happy New Year!

I am looking to potentially add mud flaps to my 4-door OBX which has the factory installed step bar. Any recommendations that has a simple install?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Aloha Sunrise

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road,1971 VW shorty bus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just ordered IAG mud flaps, I’ll let you know when I get them.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rok Blokz are good for me.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There’s some on Amazon that has the clearance for the rock sliders and side steps.. I stuck with OEM

10D99630-2FC0-46F5-80A6-D77F473E1268.png

91244174-5018-466A-8BE1-0393205B6950.png

Rick66

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150(sold), S197 GT C/S (sold) 22 2DR BB EG SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought the ones from StickerFab, which look exactly like th Mabett and IAG offerings. Very easy install, and keep the SAS tires from tossing winter road debris onto my clean Bronco. (The dirt on the Bronco was there prior to install). Price is great, and they look "factory", to the untrained eye. Good Luck. And have fun shopping.

Ford Bronco Recommendations for Mud flaps on OBX 20221105_102127

20221105_095759.jpg

Sponsored

mjkrawczykjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree w previous post. Mabett were easy to instal, blend in nicely and do the job of keeping the dirt and rocks off the sides. I have had them on for about 8 months with no issue.

OP
OP

BroncoGeorgia

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I forgot to mention I have a non Sas. Will the Mabetts look okay and won’t jut out?

JIOxfordWhite

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MercedesBenz
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MNBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mabett on a non-sas with extension
Ford Bronco Recommendations for Mud flaps on OBX 7BC5BA60-F1B7-4767-AAFC-DC4035132FED

MrGSquared

Outer Banks
First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Jeep GC TH 5.7, '23 Bronco OBX 4Dr (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Happy New Year!

I am looking to potentially add mud flaps to my 4-door OBX which has the factory installed step bar. Any recommendations that has a simple install?
Hey @BroncoGeorgia! I've had good experiences with Rally Armor. Their installs have always been pretty straightforward, with basic tools. I'd avoid Amazon-branded stuff if you want them to last. Not sure of your bumper setup, but these should work for your Bronco with running boards:

https://tspoverland.com/products/ra...-bmpr-rb-no-rptr-sprt-blk-mud-flap-w-red-logo

Sponsored

MsCharlie

Outer Banks
First Name
Charlotte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just ordered IAG mud flaps, I’ll let you know when I get them.
I tried the IAG on my 2022 OBX with the crash bar and factory installed tube steps. They did not fit. This is a stock photo of my bronco. I'm at a loss.

Bronco Outer Banks Pic.jpg

crabbz510

Outer Banks
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2-door non sas OBX with the factory step here.

I got these, https://www.ebay.com/itm/334924863122, since all the plastic ones that bracket onto the crash bar & rear flares are essentially the same. These were by far the cheapest, maybe by $20. I made sure to put them together inside first to make sure the kit had everything and all the screws in fact went in.

Honestly, the hardest part was getting the crash bar bolt (15mm) loosened to attach the bracket for the fronts.

Dunning Kruger

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D OBX 2.7L Bronco, 2015 Audi A7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I tried the IAG on my 2022 OBX with the crash bar and factory installed tube steps. They did not fit. This is a stock photo of my bronco. I'm at a loss.

Bronco Outer Banks Pic.jpg

Like you I was at a loss. The tube step is far enough forward that it blocks many after market mud flaps. So I made my own:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...h-crash-bar-and-factory-running-boards.83387/

Ford Bronco Recommendations for Mud flaps on OBX 1698257004994

The polymer is 0.15" thick. I just drove 340 miles and they held up fine. I'm going to use a slightly thicker polymer with drain grooves to reduce side splashing: Buyers Products Grooved Back Semi-Truck Mud Flaps - Pair, 24in.W x 24in.L, Black, Model Number B24PSRPB (you can search on Amazon).

If there was more clearance between the crash bar and the front of the running board, installation would be a cinch - just cut an 11 x 17 rectangle, slide it in place, mark slots for the hose clamps and cut the slots. The attach the clamps and you're done.

If your Bronco is like my OBX, you'll need to cut vertical slots so the flap slides into the crash bar. Use a 90 degree angle and you can slowly score the polymer and eventually cut through to remove and make the two parallel slots that enable the flap to slide onto the crash bar.

It is surprisingly sturdy. I'm getting the thicker plastic (0.31") for the drain grooves. I'll update my thread when the new install is done, probably about two weeks.

Last edited:

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Non Sas and I used the Ford ones and the rear were very easy. The fronts were a pain as I had to trim an opening for the step to poke through. Works but wish there was a cleaner solution. Ford could have easily provided an outline for where to trim to fit around the step.
Sponsored