Sponsored

Recommendations For Powder Coating Shop in Central Colorado?

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want to have my wheel trim rings bead blasted and powder coated.

Anyone recommend a shop that won't kill me in cost?
Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to have my wheel trim rings bead blasted and powder coated.

Anyone recommend a shop that won't kill me in cost?
I used Pikes Peak Powder Works in Colorado Springs. They charged me $300 for sandblasting and powder for the 5 rings. The quality was top notch.

I didn’t look around a ton, but another shop in town wanted $500. $300 sounded fair to me for a professional shop.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used Pikes Peak Powder Works in Colorado Springs. They charged me $300 for sandblasting and powder for the 5 rings. The quality was top notch.

I didn’t look around a ton, but another shop in town wanted $500. $300 sounded fair to me for a professional shop.
Any photos?

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used Prismatic Powders Bronze Chrome (PMB-4124).

I was just about ready to choose a “MIC gray” to match the fenders and top, but then decided to get the Ford “Performance“ Sinister Bronze overlay logo and Bronco letters. Once I did that, I thought I’d match the rings to that color. While bronze is a little overplayed, in my opinion, it’s a good color for a green Bronco.

I included some shots in different light so you can get an idea of how it looks.

Ford Bronco Recommendations For Powder Coating Shop in Central Colorado? IMG_8374

Ford Bronco Recommendations For Powder Coating Shop in Central Colorado? IMG_8369

Ford Bronco Recommendations For Powder Coating Shop in Central Colorado? IMG_8371

Ford Bronco Recommendations For Powder Coating Shop in Central Colorado? IMG_8417

Ford Bronco Recommendations For Powder Coating Shop in Central Colorado? IMG_8373

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used Prismatic Powders Bronze Chrome (PMB-4124).

I was just about ready to choose a “MIC gray” to match the fenders and top, but then decided to get the Ford “Performance“ Sinister Bronze overlay logo and Bronco letters. Once I did that, I thought I’d match the rings to that color. While bronze is a little overplayed, in my opinion, it’s a good color for a green Bronco.

I included some shots in different light so you can get an idea of how it looks.

IMG_8374.jpeg

IMG_8369.jpeg

IMG_8371.jpeg

IMG_8417.jpeg

IMG_8373.jpeg
That looks nice--many thanks for the info! Mine is Carbonized Grey and am thinking of going Eruption Green on the rings. I just need to see how closely they can match it.

Last edited:

Sponsored
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve used Roadrunner Fabrication off 1-25 and 36 (Pecos) for years for blasting, welding, and powder coating from bumpers to roll cages and they have always been reasonable. Dan Kish is the guy I’ve worked with. Have the carbonized grey Wildtrak and was thinking of blasting the rims and going with the medium sandstone to match the seats with electric blue beauty rings to match the grab handles and seat stitching.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve used Roadrunner Fabrication off 1-25 and 36 (Pecos) for years for blasting, welding, and powder coating from bumpers to roll cages and they have always been reasonable. Dan Kish is the guy I’ve worked with. Have the carbonized grey Wildtrak and was thinking of blasting the rims and going with the medium sandstone to match the seats with electric blue beauty rings to match the grab handles and seat stitching.
That would be pretty awesome too. I wish mine was trimmed in green, but I'm thinking the beauty rings will look nice in a emerald tint.
Sponsored