First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What 4” dash speakers will give you a warm, rich sound? Not a fan of particularly bright sound so tell me which ones are so I’ll avoid those.

For reference, when I think of warm, rich home sound, I think of Bose products. When I think of warm rich car stereo, I think of the Harman Kardon in our X5.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’re about to get the “do a simple search” barrage…but I ended up going with kicker 47ksc404. It has a silk tweeter so it supposed to give a smoother less harsh sound. I’m replacing dash and rear pod speakers with them. I just got them today so i can’t comment how the hear to me but ive heard good things about them.
Also if you scroll down Tech threads there’s a link to all the audio related threads people have posted. There’s a lot of good info on there for what people have used and have either liked or disliked.
Good luck!

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had Harman in a former gen 2 BMW X3 and I have B&O in my current Audi. My wife's new Macan has Bose. I'd give the Polk DB series a listen. Oh yeah I have tubes in my home systems.

BlueGhost

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor, 2018 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A general rule of thumb, for more mellow tone go with silk or fabric tweeters instead of metallic/aluminum/etc.

Audio Frog and Morel are both known for a warm sound. Morels entry level Maximo line is around $100 a pair, Audio Frogs or Morels Tempo are around $300 a pair.

If you are looking around the $100 mark, and the paper cone on the Morels concerns you, Alpine type S or Kicker KS series might be good alternatives.

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You’re about to get the “do a simple search” barrage…but I ended up going with kicker 47ksc404. It has a silk tweeter so it supposed to give a smoother less harsh sound. I’m replacing dash and rear pod speakers with them. I just got them today so i can’t comment how the hear to me but ive heard good things about them.
Also if you scroll down Tech threads there’s a link to all the audio related threads people have posted. There’s a lot of good info on there for what people have used and have either liked or disliked.
Good luck!
Have you installed these? How are they?

Sponsored

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m running the Kicker KS 4” in the front and rears of my Bronco. I’d say they definitely have a warmer tone due to the silk tweeter. They improve overall clarity quite a bit on the top end and I’m quite pleased with them overall. They do “come alive” once you add some amplification to them, which makes a huge difference. I think you have quite a few good options in the $100 price range as long as you keep in mind that it’s a 4” driver and they have limitations when it comes to frequency response.

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m running the Kicker KS 4” in the front and rears of my Bronco. I’d say they definitely have a warmer tone due to the silk tweeter. They improve overall clarity quite a bit on the top end and I’m quite pleased with them overall. They do “come alive” once you add some amplification to them, which makes a huge difference. I think you have quite a few good options in the $100 price range as long as you keep in mind that it’s a 4” driver and they have limitations when it comes to frequency response.
Debating on these vs the Infinity Reference

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Debating on these vs the Infinity Reference
I can’t comment on the Infinity Reference speakers since I haven’t used them. In general, my thoughts on Kicker products is that they are far from the best, but generally a good value from a price to performance perspective. They are pretty much always going to be higher quality than most stock speakers, and in my experience that even includes “premium systems” like the B&O. I do think the Kicker Key products are amazing bang (pun intended) for the buck.

Most of the time the “premium systems” are designed by a particular company (brand appeal) but still fall short on component quality. This is what happens when the bean counters get involved.

Back when I was in college (about 20 years ago) I installed high end home audio components in NYC and the Hamptons, including a lot of Bang & Olufsen systems… back when they were truly special and far more boutique. B&O is now owned by Harman (a Samsung company) and just another brand for the portfolio.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just to throw another option in the ring, I installed jbl club 4" speakers in and am happy with the improvement in sound.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are a great speaker. They work well by themselves but with the kicker key they really come alive. Very clear but they won’t make your ears bleed like some speakers.
I had infinity reference in my keep and they were pretty good but for me the highs were just too much at higher volumes.

Sponsored

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A general rule of thumb, for more mellow tone go with silk or fabric tweeters instead of metallic/aluminum/etc.

Audio Frog and Morel are both known for a warm sound. Morels entry level Maximo line is around $100 a pair, Audio Frogs or Morels Tempo are around $300 a pair.

If you are looking around the $100 mark, and the paper cone on the Morels concerns you, Alpine type S or Kicker KS series might be good alternatives.
How do you like the Morel’s? I’m looking at these now. Wanting something that can get loud, clear, and warm.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Infinity tend to be more on the bright side, I had the Reference series in my mustang years ago, but that said I have Infinity Reference series for my home theater setup. They are bright, but efficient and clear sounding.

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As stated, silk or textile tweeter.
3/4 inch (not smaller) - 1 inch if component

Polk for budget
JL for higher budget
I would not personally look higher than this for such a poor listening environment.
Sponsored