Sponsored

Reducing Spare Tire Gap To Body (resulting from aftermarket wheel offsets)

jdavis3350

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello all, looking for some advice,

I have made the following updates to my Base Bronco (non-Sasquatch).

- Rough Country Spare Tire Relocation Bracket (to move spare tire slightly upward and outward on tailgate from factory location)
- Method Racing 17" wheels
- 35" BFG TA KO2 tires

The problem: spare tire is now sitting several inches away from tailgate and off the bottom "bump stops".

Now, the spare tire relocation bracket has contributed about 1" to this condition but I like how it has relocated the spare tire upward (for appearance, departure angle, and to keep the larger tires from rubbing on factory OEM bumper.

But the bigger contributor to the gap seems to be the offset on the Method Racing 17" wheel. Much more offset than the original Base OEM wheels and more than perhaps even the Sasquatch wheels would have been (had we optioned that package).

Ideally, I am thinking that I would like to find a reduced spare tire 'cone' which is narrower than the OEM one - this would draw back the spare tire toward the tailgate and toward the lower bump stops while retaining the height of the spare wheel on the Rough Country Relocation Bracket. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket provider for such a thing? Is the rear camera removable from the OEM spare tire 'cone' (again, not sure what actual name is for this spare tire mounting bracket).

Has anyone tackled this same issue successfully?

Thank for any help the community can provide.

-Jeff

IMG_5320.jpg
Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the zero offset wheels do that. I haven’t seen any fixes other than running positive offset.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just remove the relocation bracket. There’s no need for it. I’m running 37’s with 0 offset methods and mine didn’t even need it. Gets close, but doesn’t touch the bumper. Keeps it nice and tucked up against the tailgate. Looks terrible sticking out that much IMO

Sponsored
OP
OP
jdavis3350

jdavis3350

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but removing the relocation bracket would only fix maybe 1/3 of the gap problem opened up by the negative offset aftermarket wheels. Equally, even if a Sas spare tire bracket is 3/4 of an inch narrower than a standard one, then switching to that would do somewhat the same thing....lessening the problem, but not fixing the problem.

I have asked the dealer for a CAD drawing of the spare tire bracket and would like to send those to a 3D print shop to have a modified version made....I am expecting that the dealer will come back and tell me that I cannot have the drawings...

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the same problem...I bought two black Superballs that I'm going to insert into the bump stops for the tire to rest against after tightening down.

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used a pair of lacrosse ball to fill the gap, just inserted between the original rest and the tire, then tightened the lugs down. They are about 2.5" in diameter, but could be trimmed down to be thinner if need be, since they are solid rubber.
Sponsored