Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only thing the make a huge difference is getting different tires. I went with Nitto Ridge Grapplers - issue is essentially gone.
Great news! Thank you. Although no way I’m telling my wife I need new tires on my 1 month old Bronco. I’d find out real quick how nice the the cargo Area is to sleep in.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Running boards. Ftw

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve learned only running boards will save your paint. I have homemade mudflaps and go rhino running boards that have prevented chops since I installed the running boards. What’s nuts is I find rocks (I live on a 2200 ft gravel driveway) on TOP of the running boards a few times a week.

67664ED8-330B-41F2-9DBD-B8A881AC4E40.jpeg
I have oem ford running boards and installed mudflaps. Still wont save paint. . Rear tires will bring rocks onto doors. So unless you put mudflaps on the opposite of where they normally go u will spin rocks,mud etc from that direction too They will bounce of running boards into doors. But honestly if im going off road I in no way expect perfect paint. Never going to happen

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hummmm.... Mud flaps.... not rock flaps.... :)

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have oem ford running boards and installed mudflaps. Still wont save paint. . Rear tires will bring rocks onto doors. So unless you put mudflaps on the opposite of where they normally go u will spin rocks,mud etc from that direction too They will bounce of running boards into doors. But honestly if im going off road I in no way expect perfect paint. Never going to happen
The go rhinos have worked since April. I’m the worse case, .6 of mile of gravel every time I drive my bronco.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey all,

I installed some RekGen front XL’s on my Sas. Took it on a gravel road today, and damn if my underside rockers aren’t chewed, small amount on lower doors! So much missing paint! It would have been way worse without the flaps, but don’t expect mud flaps to keep your paint free of chips…
Ford Accesories makes a PPF for the underside of the door. Might want to check that out. Although it wouldn't make sense to put a PPF over rock chips.
Sponsored