Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Banned
Hey all,

I installed some RekGen front XL’s on my Sas. Took it on a gravel road today, and damn if my underside rockers aren’t chewed, small amount on lower doors! So much missing paint! It would have been way worse without the flaps, but don’t expect mud flaps to keep your paint free of chips…
Sponsored

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all,

I installed some RekGen front XL’s on my Sas. Took it on a gravel road today, and damn if my underside rockers aren’t chewed, small amount on lower doors! So much missing paint! It would have been way worse without the flaps, but don’t expect mud flaps to keep your paint free of chips…
I hear you. I live on a gravel road and installed Rokblokz week one after taking ownership. It has helped but I have plenty of chips I’ll need to touch up with a paint pen before winter.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Either liner x, ppf, or another sacrificial film is your best bet for areas that are going to get blasted.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hear you. I live on a gravel road and installed Rokblokz week one after taking ownership. It has helped but I have plenty of chips I’ll need to touch up with a paint pen before winter.
Howdy, fellow Michigander. I have the same flaps. Make sure to liberally apply anti-seize to the thumbscrews, too.

Mine have been on since late April and I removed one flap this weekend - looked as if the speed nuts had been through 3-4 salt seasons already. Not what I'd expect from the product, but it is what it is, I guess.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Banned
Line-X the rocker panels.
My neighbor just said the same thing! I’m actually going to pick up some sliders that should help substantially. My wife said go for it after I showed her all my rock chips after one drive down a gravel road.

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered original size RokBlokz for my Non-Squatch Badlands. I'll also plan to put some Rock Slide Engineering step sliders on. I'm hoping the combination of the two will help save my paint. 🤞

• Sad
Reactions: 0ne

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No mudflaps here. Chips and scratches add character 😋

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dents = wisdom

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
My neighbor just said the same thing! I’m actually going to pick up some sliders that should help substantially. My wife said go for it after I showed her all my rock chips after one drive down a gravel road.
Sliders won’t help unless they’re ridiculously wide. I have factory rock rails, no dice.

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco RekGen mud flaps didn’t save my paint D464F69B-7465-4D52-8134-C935A83C8FE1

not my truck but when I saw this picture I knew flaps and rails were useless, the rocks will rip right through protection film too

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

D464F69B-7465-4D52-8134-C935A83C8FE1.jpeg

not my truck but when I saw this picture I knew flaps and rails were useless, the rocks will rip right through protection film too
These are what I’m looking at to help. I wanted to buy some anyways, this just sped up the urgency.

Ford Bronco RekGen mud flaps didn’t save my paint 62287E6F-87C4-4E22-9CAF-224AD7720165

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve learned only running boards will save your paint. I have homemade mudflaps and go rhino running boards that have prevented chops since I installed the running boards. What’s nuts is I find rocks (I live on a 2200 ft gravel driveway) on TOP of the running boards a few times a week.

67664ED8-330B-41F2-9DBD-B8A881AC4E40.jpeg

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve learned only running boards will save your paint. I have homemade mudflaps and go rhino running boards that have prevented chops since I installed the running boards. What’s nuts is I find rocks (I live on a 2200 ft gravel driveway) on TOP of the running boards a few times a week.

Ford Bronco RekGen mud flaps didn’t save my paint 67664ED8-330B-41F2-9DBD-B8A881AC4E40
That’s crazy. I did buy it to have a good time and have adventures with the kids. I know over time it will get scratched, and dinged and whatnot, I just wasn’t expecting my first gravel road to chip the crap out of my 70k
Bronco with mud flaps. 👍🏻

it’s not the end of the world. I’ll get some sliders out of the deal, and buy some new tires when the time comes. 🇺🇸
Sponsored