Sponsored

Remind me, whats needed with the ‘24s for Ecu tuning?

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forget who said it ages ago, but tuners are waiting for ‘24s to unlock and crack the ecu.

At this point, held off on the exhaust as I dont want fart cans, I want a downpipe, and my other mods (fmic, charge piped, cai, bov) are awesome but I don’t believe capitalize on the Ford tune, so they do there job but arent being utilized either, and my new car fever is being staved off with other mods, although I crave more power.

so be brief or be detailed, but just remind me what it was about the ‘24s that are gonna do the trick.

Thanks, and have a good night now!
Sponsored

ericwmedic

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS NB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For custom tuning, if they knew what was causing it, they'd have it cracked by now. Nothing changed, PCM wise, between 2021 and 2024 so once they get it done for one, it should be a matter of cascading it across.

The Ford Performance Parts tune is likely just waiting on CARB approval. It seemed like that came pretty quickly for the 23 model year, so 24 should be soon-ish.

OP
OP
CarmeloS

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For custom tuning, if they knew what was causing it, they'd have it cracked by now. Nothing changed, PCM wise, between 2021 and 2024 so once they get it done for one, it should be a matter of cascading it across.

The Ford Performance Parts tune is likely just waiting on CARB approval. It seemed like that came pretty quickly for the 23 model year, so 24 should be soon-ish.
Shame, this stagnation and lack of additional options are causing new car lust to peak. I want more power and other stuff to enhance the beast, not just more wheels, tires and lifts

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I get that having more power is always better than less…. But it’s not like the Bronco in even stock configurations is really starved for power.

The lowly 2.3 4cyl has more horsepower than any of the old stock V8s ever did.

OP
OP
CarmeloS

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is, but Im also a modder and would love to do little things they dont have, like stainless steel clutch/brake lines and other little stuff to boot, not just downpipes, throttle bodies and a custom tune.

definitely enjoying the power, just why not get what’s left on the table and include the bolt ons as well
Sponsored