First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
A detail that was in a few videos had mentioned that body panels come off relatively easily. Of course doors roof etc., but then they talk about the flares.

Then I see the rear quarters and it got me thinking. Do you think they made the fenders and quarters to be easily removed/replaced/customized?

I wonder what it looks like with all of that removed anyway?

could it be practical to remove them when I wanna really have the samsquanch do its thing?

just thinking out loud but i don’t think anybody has touched on this too much really.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've seen this hinted at.

It hasn't been talked about much on here but...

Imagine widebody fenders that take away the need for the flares. I'm waiting to see that.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you mean to take off the panels and ride it like a buggy to keep the panels clean and damage free?
That would actually be pretty cool.
I’m guessing there are wires and such under the panels that you don’t want to get damaged. I guess we’ll find out in the coming months.

OP
OP
5.0Maverick

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yea exactly. I want to have fun with the truck. But I also want to do it with with a semi clear mind without having to worry about scratching up a brand new vehicle (would be my first brand new car).

Would be cool to have different panels like widebody or tube or whatever people want to do with their bronco.

for wires and such, I would imagine you could do something to cover/secure wiring. To be honest those undercarriage pictures showed a fair amount of wiring running along the outside of the frame and I was already thinking of ways to secure that stuff anyway. Hmmm

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I saw that there’s quick releases for the fenders in this article:

Scroll to the middle
https://ok4wd.com/blog/reveal-of-the-ford-bronco/

I want to get the Sasquatch package but want to run the smaller flares + 35’s like on the first edition so this will make it easy for me to trade someone.

Also it’s super nice because we can easily replace trail damaged flares

Sponsored
OP
OP
5.0Maverick

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yea I saw that too. I thought that was a good idea. Then I saw somewhere they had like every body panel laying out off the car too. It got me thinking about what if we can take the whole fender off instead of just the flares? No fender no door no quarter just tires and cage basically. Maybe that’s possible?

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yea I saw that too. I thought that was a good idea. Then I saw somewhere they had like every body panel laying out off the car too. It got me thinking about what if we can take the whole fender off instead of just the flares? No fender no door no quarter just tires and cage basically. Maybe that’s possible?
There was another article/thread that discussed this but can't seem to find it now. It described that yes the body panels like the rear quarter panel are removable. However it wasn't made out to seem like it would be something quick and easy and something you would want to do. The article more just made it seem like the purpose was for you to get it repaired quicker and easier at a shop if you ever damaged a panel.

Edit: If the picture @GordoJones posted above is what you were referring to with "every body panel laying out off the car", then that's not something you can expect to do with the real Bronco. That pic shows a prototype made from packing foam.

Last edited:
OP
OP
5.0Maverick

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Taking fenders off, I would say is already easier than changing brake pads. If they made that even easier... fingers crossed I don’t have to shed a tear over some free pinstriping before I’m mentally prepared for a scratched up truck. That was really quick guys thank you
Sponsored