Sponsored

Removing hard top panels -- is the middle panel over back seats removable with the roof rack still on?

Yaya91

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi guy was wondering before I try, is the middle panel over back seats removable with the roof rack still on,
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi guy was wondering before I try, is the middle panel over back seats removable with the roof rack still on,
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2nd-row-panel-removal-with-roof-rack.24187/#post-853640

Per Ford, the middle panel cannot be removed while the factory rack is installed. With that said, I have not seen anyone with an actual bronco and rack test that statement. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a bronco posted on any of these forums with a rack or anyone mention a rack.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope. Front panels only..just not enough clearance.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It can be done but you have to unfasten the front spots of the roof rack at the windshield….and then lift up the rails and rest them on the protruding bolts. It gives about an inch or so more clearance where you can finagle the 2nd row out.

And in case anyone is questioning the flex of the rails on the back supports/hardtop area, it’s a minimal flex of the rails

it’s not a lot of clearance but I’ve been able to do it several times without scratching anything…does make it easier to have a second person but not required

Ggerobb

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 jeep grand cherokee laredo, 2022 bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not with the oem rack Installed. There is just barely enough room to remove the front panels. I sold the oem rack and bought a hooke road full length rack that allows the removal of all 3 pieces.
Sponsored