First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone know where to get black Torx screws, specifically the smaller of the two that go on the mirror hardware mounts? Somehow one of mine is slightly larger than the other in the Torx head and I want to replace it.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The outer ones I want to say are a smaller head that they don’t give you in the kit. I ran into this when I installed my ditch lights. Annoying as F if you ask me. Why they are not the same size that they include is behind me.

OP
OP
Dmorty217

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The outer ones I want to say are a smaller head that they don’t give you in the kit. I ran into this when I installed my ditch lights. Annoying as F if you ask me. Why they are not the same size that they include is behind me.
I just installed my ditch lights and wasn’t able to get one of the two back in completely, sounds like we both had the same issue. I stopped trying to tighten it down so not possibly ruin the threads in the stud. Just going to buy another screw and try again. I saw some on eBay but they aren’t black. My dealership is open but parts isn’t so I have to wait until Monday I guess.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wait your threads are smaller? Mine just the ford head was smaller and they are forever long. Mine tightened fine just found it odd they have two different head sizes.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The smaller one is a T25. Do NOT believe it's a Torx Plus, just regular torx.
Just had to buy a new tool for it myself.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
Dmorty217

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait your threads are smaller? Mine just the ford head was smaller and they are forever long. Mine tightened fine just found it odd they have two different head sizes.
No threads aren’t smaller but apparently I had the wrong Torx bit that caused my issue.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great resource but I’m clearly not that smart so how do I find the correct screw?
Open the page and look at the left. Tell it the thread size, and the length you are looking for along with the drive size. If you don't know those, take one of yours to the local hardware store and ask them to identify the thread size for you. You can measure the length. Once you get that far you can even specify the head diameter and the type of head you want.

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Both of the mirror/a-pillar bronco bolts are the same thread pattern and the longer one will fit in both of the holes. (either of the bolts will fit in the others hole). I lost one of my bolts so I went down to Ace Hardware and was able to match it up to an allen key head bolt that fit perfectly.
Sponsored