First Name
Zach Kreft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long time lurker, first time poster. Sorry if this has been covered, I have browsed this forum and Google'd for an answer with no luck.

Here are the details: Reservation was created 8/2021, converted to order with dealer within a week. Ford.com account showed "ordering with dealer", dealer printed me off a sheet showing the options and cost (I believe this is a DORA) and everything looked good to go.

Fast forward some months later I get an email from Ford saying my order has gone into production. I check the details of that order showing my reservation number and they are all wrong and do not match my order. I call the dealer, go on-site to talk, they claim there is no problem and my order is fine. They pull up my order in their system and print the DORA again, everything looks correct. I decide its fine. I continue to get emails from Ford saying vehicle is completed, delivered, etc. I talk to Ford who tells me they cant help and to talk to the dealer, I talk to the dealer and they say its fine. They provide no solid answer as to how this happened.

Later I have to update my order to MY22 and i check the new DORA, everything looks good. I receive the order confirmation email from Ford.

Today, I have completed the same thing for MY23. I decide to use the backdoor link, after seeing it posted on this site. I check my reservation/order number on Ford.com and see that it is shows as completed, delivered, and purchased for that incorrect order from earlier.

At this point it is safe to say my order is not attached to my reservation number. Someone screwed up and attached a different order (somehow with my name and info) to my reservation number and that order is fulfilled. However, I do have an active and correctly spec'd order.

So what reservation number is my correct order tied to if any and is there a way to find out?
Is my reservation screwed? If I don't have a reservation am I now waiting even longer?
I have the email confirmations and DORA sheet from the dealer but it doesn't show an order number so how do I find that?

See attached photos if needed.

P.S. As someone who works in the tech field, Ford's website, ordering processes, systems, and integration with dealers is complete ass.

Completed reservation seen from backdoor link:

Ford Bronco Reservation shows fulfilled, doesnt match my order 2022-10-10 23_30_24-Manage — Mozilla Firefox

DORA from today on MY23 order:
Ford Bronco Reservation shows fulfilled, doesnt match my order 2022-10-10 23_32_06-IMG_2985.jpg ‎- Photos

Reservation status on Ford.com
Ford Bronco Reservation shows fulfilled, doesnt match my order 2022-10-10 23_29_56-My Vehicles
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
My take, Your dealer probably ordered someone elses bronco under your name, and ordered yours also under someone elses name. Ask them for your vin. Ford won't be able to tell you anything.
Your dealer is evasive because they messed up and they dont want to lose a customer. They probably will get your order, but all your updates from ford will be wrong

OP
OP

KeepWaiting

Badlands
First Name
Zach Kreft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My take, Your dealer probably ordered someone elses bronco under your name, and ordered yours also under someone elses name. Ask them for your vin. Ford won't be able to tell you anything.
Your dealer is evasive because they messed up and they dont want to lose a customer. They probably will get your order, but all your updates from ford will be wrong
I thought the VIN was only created once the vehicle goes to production. Does it exist after placing the order?

Turning Blue

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds to me like you no longer have a reservation based order. Instead, you have an order placed after your reservation was used for someone else. Your dealer should be able to provide an order number, and Ford customer service should be able to find it with that. It's only speculation on my part, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Vin is created before production. I'm not sure how much earlier. But since you aren't getting info related to your build from ford communications you can only get it from your dealer. Your order code is t827. One website uses that code, i will try to find it

Sponsored

Turning Blue

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the VIN was only created once the vehicle goes to production. Does it exist after placing the order?
The Vin is created when the build is scheduled. MY VIN was provided Thursday, for an original production date of the week of November 7, which has since changed to November 14.
Sponsored