Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think Ford realized that there are lots of people out there willing to pay way over MSRP to get there hands on a Bronco and decided "Hey, why should we sell these things at a discount to reservation holders when we could be making big bucks on all these people willing to hand over top dollar?" Really shitty of them.
Sponsored

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First potential Ford for me and my family.

Granger was the dealer I chose when I made my reservation.

It is really simple. Ford took reservations online allowing customers to choose the dealer they wanted to purchase their Bronco from. Ford created the system. Ford utilized the system. Ford received 100,000+ handraisers with the system. Ford collected money in exchange for a place in line. And now Ford should follow through with existing reservation holders and complete those orders. Period. Full stop.

Ford can draw a line in the sand and have a PR coup right now letting everyone know they will back all their “loyal” reservation holders (customers) and follow through with prior commitments and arrangements. Once those are done, they can go back to the old allocation method.

I’ve worked in the corporate automotive world my whole life. Ford has genuinely messed this up. Reservation holders have been through the ringer. While supply issues during a pandemic can be forgiven, these types of short sighted decisions when so much is at stake are simply terrible.

A manufacturer rarely gets the opportunity for conquest sales like this. Let alone with little to no marketing with the relaunch of a heritage model unique to their brand. These types of things drive new conquest customers to your brand. This latest decision and it’s impact on early reservation holders is moronically bad. Ford created and managed the reservation system asking customers to choose their dealer and pay a fee to do so. Ford needs to save face, reassure existing reservation holders that they are following through and make it right.

Is a lawsuit from a handful of unhappy shortsighted dealers a problem for Ford? Or is the PR fallout from a class action lawsuit brought on by 100,000+ customers who entered into a transaction with Ford to reserve a product they can’t possibly receive in a reasonable time a bigger problem for Ford?

Ford can still fix this…

Last edited:

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First potential Ford for me and my family.

Granger was the dealer I chose when I made my reservation.

It is really simple. Ford took reservations online allowing customers to choose the dealer they wanted to purchase their Bronco from. Ford created the system. Ford utilized the system. Ford received 100,000+ handraisers with the system. Ford collected money in exchange for a place in line. And now Ford should follow through with existing reservation holders and complete those orders. Period. Full stop.

Ford can draw a line in the sand and have a PR coup right now letting everyone know they will back all their “loyal” reservation holders (customers) and follow through with prior commitments and arrangements. Once those are done, they can go back to the old allocation method.

I’ve worked in the corporate automotive world my whole life. Ford has genuinely messed this up. Reservation holders have been through the ringer. While supply issues during a pandemic can be forgiven, these types of short sighted decisions when so much is at stake are simply terrible.

A manufacturer rarely gets the opportunity for conquest sales like this. Let alone with little to no marketing around the relaunch of a heritage model unique to their brand. these types of thing drive new conquest customers to your brand. This latest decision and it’s impact on early reservation holders is moronically bad. Ford created and managed the reservation system asking customers to choose their dealer and pay a fee to do so. Ford needs to save face, reassure existing reservation holders that they are following through and make it right.

Is a lawsuit from a handful of unhappy shortsighted dealers a problem for Ford? Or is the PR fallout from a class action lawsuit brought on by 100,000+ customers who entered into a transaction with Ford to reserve a product they can’t possibly receive in a reasonable time a bigger problem for Ford?

Ford can still fix this…
They first would have to admit they made a mistake and these people do not like to admit to mistakes.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You guys are all assuming these larger volume dealers wont 99/10 orders that they want to go through in the order that they want to go through in 2022. At the end of the day they can make a few clicks and have an order placed yesterday go before a day 1 res because it nets them stock or a higher $ customer order.

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you using Twitter on your .gov phone?
Not a gov phone. Many people are eligible for FirstNet, transportation workers, nurses, doctors, EMT, police, fire etc. During emergencies, non public safety firstnet gets extra priority over att, and firstnet public safety users get double extra priority.

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I tried in the beginning to buy from a local dealer but they seemed to be bothered by having to deal with selling a vehicle that was 6 months before the first one was even built. I had to call the dealer myself when it was pretty obvious they were not going to contact me when the order banks opened for 2021 like Ford said they would. During this time dealers were converting reservations to orders without the reservation holder's permission and after a couple squirrely emails from my local dealer, I bailed. Did they earn my business? Not quite, let alone at MSRP.

Seems like punishing the small dealers attracting customers with good service and good pricing is akin to blaming a rape victim for wearing tight clothes.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not a gov phone. Many people are eligible for FirstNet, transportation workers, nurses, doctors, EMT, police, fire etc. During emergencies, non public safety firstnet gets extra priority over att, and firstnet public safety users get double extra priority.
I’d like some double extra priority

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of people after ida had zero att service in south Louisiana firstnet can’t get service of the towers don’t have it

Last edited:

gofastguy

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This isn't the first time I have waited on a vehicle. I waited a bit for my 50th anniversary GT convertible and more recently for my 2 door JL Rubicon. But this lifelong Blue Oval lover has just about reached the end of his rope. I do not drive foreign or GM vehicles and really don't trust FCA products outside of warranty. Getting very close to replacing the Wrangler (which I sold 5 months ago) or perhaps rethinking foreign. Nobody else seems ashamed to drive foreign vehicles

greybrutus61

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I reserved with the local big dealer first. They didn't wanted to talk about the Bronco because it wasn't being built yet. They hung up when i asked if they were charging MSRP or below. They told me Build and Price was screwed-up because "Ford shit the bed" I am not a prude but I didn't think this was profesional coming from someone i had never met. I was able to get some information on this forum about the Bronco, and dealers that were treating people fairly. Whenever I have contacted Chapman Tom or his staff have returned my calls and E-mails promtly. I plan to buy all my future vehicles from Chapman.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford announced how they would allocate Broncos...
Nothing in the formula prioritizes reservations.
It's a 25%, 25%, 50% split and I forget which is 50%. I know that the number of Bronco Sport sales is one of the 25's. The other two categories are Bronco, and overall sales for the past 3 years.

Big city good old boy Ford dealers will be getting tons more allocation than they have orders. Small dealers will be getting LESS allocation than they have orders.

Places like Stephen's and Granger and Chapman Horsham by this formula will have reservations from July 2020 that won't be filled until 2023 or 2024.

And this doesn't just affect dealers with lots of orders. If some tiny, small town dealer has 5 Bronco orders, there is a good chance they may only get to fulfill one order and the other 4 customers have to wait for years, switch to a dealer with allocation (and likely ADM) or not get a Bronco.

So some dealer in L.A. will run out of reserved orders long before they run out of allocation at which point they get to order dealer stock for their lots.
This is exactly how i see it going down. There will be MANY early reservations that might not even get a MY22. Mine included(7/15). Small dealerships are getting screwed.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Ford Bronco, '19 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same drill as everyone else.

On the website the moment the reservation site opened and kept crashing. Gave up and now day two reservation

Reserved with local dealer and called no less than 10 others trying to get clarity on pricing. Got a different answer every time I would circle back over the course of weeks and months… if I got a call or email back.

Stumbled upon Albert and Granger looking for answers on the internet. Honest, responsive, transparent. Shocking! Rest is obvious and history….

Have had the orange bronco in my avatar for nearly 20 years. Have been looking for a daily driver that would give me the same rush, vibe…soul ever since. I was building a 73 for my daughter for over 3 years.

I wear Ford t shirts. I wear bronco hats. Correct that… I wore Ford tshirts and Bronco hats.

Ford, you lost your soul. And it sucks

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think Ford realized that there are lots of people out there willing to pay way over MSRP to get there hands on a Bronco and decided "Hey, why should we sell these things at a discount to reservation holders when we could be making big bucks on all these people willing to hand over top dollar?" Really shitty of them.
Ford doesnt get any of the extra money generated by ADM. That all goes to the dealer.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford doesnt get any of the extra money generated by ADM. That all goes to the dealer.
True but they keep it going by not requiring name match on the orders to deliveries.

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given that Ford has taken $100 per order for a reservation, and then the dealers took anywhere from $500/$1000/$2000 as 'earnest' money to secure one's build, doesn't it stand to reason that since those entities cannot produce the thing that was reserved for anywhere from 1-3 years, they at the very least owe everyone the interest back on that money?

I mean, they're sitting on it, and it hasn't been used to produce a vehicle. That and it's probably in a corporate fund making 3-4%/yr. Imagine if one could have stuffed that money into BTC or ETH in the summer of 2020. Serious oof there.

I am not a lawyer, nor do i pretend to be one on the internet, and I am certainly not advocating for everyone to get torches and pitchforks. But with the stringing along of everyone with no real deadlines or end dates, and now the thinly-veiled bait and switch with the order system and dealer allocatons, i wonder how much more it would take to raise an eyebrow at the FTC to have them go "Hey, uhhhh, WTF you guys doing over there in Michigan anyways?"
The $100 Ford deposit is setting in your selling dealers account set up for the deposits. And not all dealerships charged extra deposits. I’m sure a lot did but not all.
Sponsored