First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford can draw a line in the sand and have a PR coup right now letting everyone know they will back all their “loyal” reservation holders (customers) and follow through with prior commitments and arrangements. Once those are done, they can go back to the old allocation method.
Agreed this is the best solution for the reservation holders as a group, it is what they signed up for at the start, however it is a sad commentary on the world when, and they would, get kudos for simply keeping their word after going back on it.
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nobody else seems ashamed to drive foreign vehicles
Nor do I think they should be. Japanese and Korean manufacturers have HUGE plants in the US which is nice if you care about that sort of stuff, and if you don't: many people trust J vins over 1 vins anyway. Plus, how many late 90s Camrys you still on the road and when's the last time you saw a sable or neon? Remember SRT4s? They were extremely popular 15 years ago and now they are ALL in junkyards, meanwhile MR2s are pretty easy to find, both spyders and the earlier hardtops.
I really want a Bronco, but if this doesn't work out I'm grabbing a 6MT Tacoma TRD Off Road with the TRD lift and never looking back. I'll probably keep the Tacoma and buy whatever the last year of bronco is that's available with a manual (you know the Bronco7G won't have a stick).

tobymkay

Big Bend
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element, GMC Sierra, Ram Promaster
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dear Ford,
A promise is a promise......at least it should be. You promised to build reservations before dealer stock. That is not a hard promise to keep. Show some integrity and intestinal fortitude and do the right thing.....what you said you would do. Doing otherwise is simply wrong. Your mother taught you that.

“If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
Marcus Aurelius

Sincerely,
Toby Kay
A proud and committed Granger reservation holder

Cur

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@DealerInsider, my two Broncos came in at your dealership yesterday, and today the salesman is telling me I can't title them to my LLC because the reservations are in my personal name. He's saying Ford won't allow this. Is this correct? I never had this problem when buying a car before and it will cost me like ten or twelve grand if I have to put them in my personal name.

Have any of you other guys had this problem at a dealership?

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@DealerInsider, my two Broncos came in at your dealership yesterday, and today the salesman is telling me I can't title them to my LLC because the reservations are in my personal name. He's saying Ford won't allow this. Is this correct? I never had this problem when buying a car before and it will cost me like ten or twelve grand if I have to put them in my personal name.

They need to re check. I believe you can transfer within household and into or out of “own” company name.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Damn, 2 at once! You better go buy a lottery ticket, brother! Enjoy

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You would definitely be screwing up the name match percentage at the dealer...which Ford enforces to a degree (dealler could lose allocation, and you would be a double hit). You never had a problem before because there was no name match policy before the reservation system. I would call Tom and see if you can work it out, rather than litigate it publicly.

rickkral

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport & 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to provide Ford with feedback from Bronco customers who have reservations all in one thread…we all know, based on who you reserved/ordered from, you may not receive a Bronco in 2022 or even 2023…

Due to Fords allocation system, Ford plans to build stock units before they build non-constrained buildable units for reservation holders…

A reservation system is NOT an allocation system…

We all are understanding of the supply issues in todays world, BUT, if you have a buildable unit, regardless of a dealers allocation formula, Ford should build your vehicle based on reservation timestamp…

I would ask everyone to post on this thread their experience with Ford, me, the dealers I tagged, or others, in an effort to present our case for change…

@Zach@Granger @StephensAutoCenter

7A1EB0EA-5258-4760-AD03-38D659B28900.jpeg
I reserved a Big Bend 07/2020, dealer tried to add thousands onto cost at order time so I got a dealer transfer last November. New dealer says he can't order until he gets put in "cue" and customer service says the dealer should just order! Can you help?

rickkral

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport & 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to provide Ford with feedback from Bronco customers who have reservations all in one thread…we all know, based on who you reserved/ordered from, you may not receive a Bronco in 2022 or even 2023…

Due to Fords allocation system, Ford plans to build stock units before they build non-constrained buildable units for reservation holders…

A reservation system is NOT an allocation system…

We all are understanding of the supply issues in todays world, BUT, if you have a buildable unit, regardless of a dealers allocation formula, Ford should build your vehicle based on reservation timestamp…

I would ask everyone to post on this thread their experience with Ford, me, the dealers I tagged, or others, in an effort to present our case for change…

@Zach@Granger @StephensAutoCenter

7A1EB0EA-5258-4760-AD03-38D659B28900.jpeg
I got tired of waiting and bought a Badlands from someone that made an $8000 profit. Better him than an unscrupulous Ford dealer!

Sponsored

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the 1st NEW vehicle I have ever “thought” about buying my entire life! I am 53. I live in a small town and opted to support my local dealer as opposed to going to a MEGA Dealer. This is just what small-town folks do! They also give you their word and stick to it. They are usually honest and forthcoming. They try to take care of their clients/neighbors and do right by them. FORD you could take a page from their book. You reeled the early reservation holders in and then left them hanging. You did not keep your word and changed the rules of the game midway through the game!!! Not only did you leave your reservation holders out to dry you left your small-town dealers! I can assure you this is no way to do business and keep repeat customers. I will NEVER buy another FORD. My perception of FORD has been tarnished and I will never fully trust they value their clients! @Mikelevine, @Ford you could really learn a lesson from Andy, Opie, Ms. B! even Barney has more morals than you have shown!

Last edited:

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not a gov phone. Many people are eligible for FirstNet, transportation workers, nurses, doctors, EMT, police, fire etc. During emergencies, non public safety firstnet gets extra priority over att, and firstnet public safety users get double extra priority.
This is true and many people that work for the Gov. have to use their private phones. Gov does not pay for them!
Sponsored