First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco, ‘21 F250, ‘96 911/993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a ‘23 Badlands from dealer inventory and the navigation is disabled. Does anyone know if a fix is/will be offered to bring this function back? I have the 12” screen and the lack of functioning navigation is a bummer.

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a ‘23 Badlands from dealer inventory and the navigation is disabled. Does anyone know if a fix is/will be offered to bring this function back? I have the 12” screen and the lack of functioning navigation is a bummer.

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread.
I think you can get on the Ford Pass app and go into connected services and purchase connected navigation. EDIT: Does it not have Nav at all?

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it was deleted (noted on your sticker) you’ll need to wait for the chip to become available. Supposedly an email will go out when they are.

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it was deleted (noted on your sticker) you’ll need to wait for the chip to become available. Supposedly an email will go out when they are.
Does anyone know if this is true if you have "NAVIGATION REMOVAL -695" on the window sticker? Also, is this option required for the reading of speed limit signs (or maybe it's just displaying a speed limit based on a navigation map...)? I'm guessing so since I've seen pictures of it and mine doesn't (have lux package). I also bought off the lot for MSRP and have been wondering these things.

Sponsored

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know if this is true if you have "NAVIGATION REMOVAL -695" on the window sticker? Also, is this option required for the reading of speed limit signs (or maybe it's just displaying a speed limit based on a navigation map...)? I'm guessing so since I've seen pictures of it and mine doesn't (have lux package). I also bought off the lot for MSRP and have been wondering these things.
😁

Call your dealer. Pretty simple solution. You’re welcome anyway.

Don’t forget to mention you paid MSRP when you call them.

OP
OP
Bad-Daddy-Lands

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I understand it, customer orders get the navigation, but dealer orders (for stock/inventory) are stripped of the feature. This is all due to the chip shortage. (BTW - this is also the scenario for the standard system subwoofer from what I understand.)

I have read someplace that the function cannot be added back in the future, and this is what I'm trying to confirm either way. I'm hoping I can add back both the nav and subwoofer when supply constraints are in balance.

Has anyone else bought from dealer inventory and dealing with same issues? I wasn't aware of this until after my wife bought the truck and it's a little disappointing.

Attached is copy of my window stick with credits.

IMG_0212.jpg

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As I understand it, customer orders get the navigation, but dealer orders (for stock/inventory) are stripped of the feature. This is all due to the chip shortage. (BTW - this is also the scenario for the standard system subwoofer from what I understand.)

I have read someplace that the function cannot be added back in the future, and this is what I'm trying to confirm either way. I'm hoping I can add back both the nav and subwoofer when supply constraints are in balance.

Has anyone else bought from dealer inventory and dealing with same issues? I wasn't aware of this until after my wife bought the truck and it's a little disappointing.

Attached is copy of my window stick with credits.

Ford Bronco Retro-Fixing Disabled Navigation IMG_0212
Yes. Me. The guy who keeps responding to you for some reason.

I passed you the info my dealer passed to me when I purchased dealer stock. who knows. Maybe they were lying to me.

The very simple solution which I already mentioned is to call your dealer.

Good luck rest of the way.

OP
OP
Bad-Daddy-Lands

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL…sorry bud, wasn’t intentionally dismissing your reply.

I did ask the selling dealer and they seemed to indicate it wasn‘t reversible, so I was hoping to tap into the collective forum brain power.

I’ll post here if I discover a solution; Please do the same.

Thanks.

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOL…sorry bud, wasn’t intentionally dismissing your reply.

I did ask the selling dealer and they seemed to indicate it wasn‘t reversible, so I was hoping to tap into the collective forum brain power.

I’ll post here if I discover a solution; Please do the same.

Thanks.
Interesting. I suspect that is probably the legitimate answer.

Might make a call myself today. If nothing else to call them out on their misinformation when I purchased. It’s not a great concern to me as I use CarPlay but would have been nice to have as backup if CarPlay fails… which it does.
Sponsored