Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks good!
Almost went with the same wheels.
Looks like Five Star doesn't have much for inventory
I am in Warner Robins as well, and they dont. They have 2 bases out by the street, been siting there quite a few weeks. Five Star is a bad dealership, lost business with the last mustang we got my wife. I went south to Perry GA to get mine.
Sponsored

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am buying thru Five Star in the Dallas Ft. Worth area. I wonder if they are all owned by the same company or just a coincidence.
They have one of every dealership here, Ford, Dodge, Chevy, and a couple of others.

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought the mall crawler version of yours, 2 door OBX, Eruption Green, 2.7L Lux, MIC. I can get out of parking lots with no problem :)

OP
OP
Eyentz86

Eyentz86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
How’s the ride quality with perch collars lifting it that high via coil over preload? Is it stiff? Do you want mega expensive lifted coil over assemblies sometime down the road or are you satisfied? Thanks and merry Christmas!
The perch collars did stiffen make it ride a touch stiffer, but not much of a noticeable difference. I ran the RPG perch collars on my F150 and had no issues, so i went with them again. I dont actually have any plans for a bigger lift or a more expensive set up. This thing is a daily driver and will see light offroading, and this suspension set up will easily handle that, so no need to re-invent the wheel. This is a budget friendly/economical kit that provided the clearance i needed for these 37’s and still has a nice ride quality, so Im happy with it and plan on leaving it as is.

OP
OP
Eyentz86

Eyentz86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought the mall crawler version of yours, 2 door OBX, Eruption Green, 2.7L Lux, MIC. I can get out of parking lots with no problem :)
If mine hadnt been built as a ‘22, i was going to change it to an OBX when converting to a ‘23, as I am really liking the roast leather interior. But since ur local…if ya ever put some aftermarket wheels on it and want some wider fender flares, I’ll trade ya the stock sasquatch flares for your painted OBX flares. Lol. Never hurts to ask right!?

Sponsored

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If mine hadnt been built as a ‘22, i was going to change it to an OBX when converting to a ‘23, as I am really liking the roast leather interior. But since ur local…if ya ever put some aftermarket wheels on it and want some wider fender flares, I’ll trade ya the stock sasquatch flares for your painted OBX flares. Lol. Never hurts to ask right!?
After dealing with the greying of the big Fender flares on my Jeep... I am very happy with painted!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I can say is “ WOW!” Well done.

OP
OP
Eyentz86

Eyentz86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
All I can say is “ WOW!” Well done.
Thanks! I love it. Cant wait til the rock rails come in, and I feel like it will really look perfect once the door handles, mirrors and fender flares are body color and the grill and roof are done in Wimbledon white.

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Makes me like the decision on goin with eruption green all the more.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
The perch collars did stiffen make it ride a touch stiffer, but not much of a noticeable difference. I ran the RPG perch collars on my F150 and had no issues, so i went with them again. I dont actually have any plans for a bigger lift or a more expensive set up. This thing is a daily driver and will see light offroading, and this suspension set up will easily handle that, so no need to re-invent the wheel. This is a budget friendly/economical kit that provided the clearance i needed for these 37’s and still has a nice ride quality, so Im happy with it and plan on leaving it as is.
Thanks for your reply, do you have a link/details for the particular rpg perch collar kit you used? Did you install it or have a shop do it? Your lift height seems a bit higher than other perch collar lifts I’ve seen on here so I’m curious if differing install techniques or processes resulted in your higher result? Can you please provide a picture of the front axle and tie rod angles? Thank you

Sponsored
OP
OP
Eyentz86

Eyentz86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for your reply, do you have a link/details for the particular rpg perch collar kit you used? Did you install it or have a shop do it? Your lift height seems a bit higher than other perch collar lifts I’ve seen on here so I’m curious if differing install techniques or processes resulted in your higher result? Can you please provide a picture of the front axle and tie rod angles? Thank you
The perch collars are from RPG.
https://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/bronco-spring-perch-collar/
These collars net 2.25” up front and 1.25 in the rear. This may look a little taller than some others as it started out as a sasquatch so it came a bit higher than a non sasquatch bronco. Below are a few pictures of the tierod and axle, to give you an idea of angles after the perch collar install. It’s dark here in my driveway rt now, so forgive me for the terrible lighting conditions.

Ford Bronco Retro themed 2Door Eruption Green basequatch progress 7E625741-CC56-49DD-8209-DB8BFA905149

Ford Bronco Retro themed 2Door Eruption Green basequatch progress D5ACA54A-B1A3-421C-96B6-C2DFDE1ABAA2

Reactions: 0ne

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Full Size 5.0 XLT, 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I have an honest question and don’t want to get slaughtered for it. Why spend the money and wait time on the SAS package, if you’re just going to replace it with after market parts? Not slamming the decision, but curious as to the financial advantage vs voiding the warranty
🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP
Eyentz86

Eyentz86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I have an honest question and don’t want to get slaughtered for it. Why spend the money and wait time on the SAS package, if you’re just going to replace it with after market parts? Not slamming the decision, but curious as to the financial advantage vs voiding the warranty
🤷🏻‍♂️
The only thing that has been replaced from the sasquatch package was the wheels and tires. Still have the factory bilstiens, still have sasquatch locking diffs with 4.70 gears front and rear. Just missing the wheels and tires which didnt give me the look i was after

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Full Size 5.0 XLT, 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only thing that has been replaced from the sasquatch package was the wheels and tires. Still have the factory bilstiens, still have sasquatch locking diffs with 4.70 gears front and rear. Just missing the wheels and tires which didnt give me the look i was after
Gotcha. I’ve just seen so many posts where guys have gone way radical with a new vehicle, and was trying to wrap my head around it. Probably because I’m older and have an appreciation for a factory warranty vs turning a wrench in 20 below zero weather.
Great looking ride. 😎👍🏻

OP
OP
Eyentz86

Eyentz86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gotcha. I’ve just seen so many posts where guys have gone way radical with a new vehicle, and was trying to wrap my head around it. Probably because I’m older and have an appreciation for a factory warranty vs turning a wrench in 20 below zero weather.
Great looking ride. 😎👍🏻
This one was almost exactly how I would have built one anyway, to keep it kinda mild, so it made all the sense to me. Plus I didnt mind waiting for it to be built, as I didnt actually need another vehicle, just wanted it. Lol
Sponsored