Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've searched and haven't found any reviews on this bumper. Is anyone in possession of this bumper yet? How do you like it? How's it holding up? General impressions...

Thanks!
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I plan to run one when my Bronco arrives. I did have one on my FJ. The quality was top shelf. The lead time was long. I ran it 5 years and the finish still looked new.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It was #1 on my list as the fuel storage and taking weight off the tailgate were key.

Their heim joint to marry the tailgate to the swing arm also looked like a fantastic solution.

That being said, their customer support was suspect, and that they still haven't come out with rock sliders for the 2-door meant I spent elsewhere.

Sorry that isn't a product review that you asked for. Their stuff looks great, I just didn't want to make the jump and see what showed up, however Their experience and duration in the industry indicates they probably make good stuff.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've ran their trail series on my JK since 2009ish. Nothing bad to say at all. The only problem i've had was the bearings going out on the tire carrier; which is a common problem with all the bumpers of that design. They, and all of 'em, use a 3500lb axle shaft and the bearings that go with them for the pivot point.

Really close to putting in the order, was doing a search and found your thread. With the sale going on, pretty sure prices will never be this low again. My Bronco should be here end of this month and the lead time for the bumpers is 3-5 months at this point.

Probably wait till near the end of the sale, still deciding on which hoop to go with. The smaller one is what I have ran since '09 but the wrap around one reminds me of an old school Scout, really liking that look and lots of protection from deer.

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have this bumper and I really like it. There was a minor issue where they forgot to include the piece that connects the tire carrier to the tailgate and I didn't realize until I had it almost completely installed. So had to secure the swing arm with some rope while they sent the part, which they were pretty quick to do. Instructions are mostly good and easy to follow. Install was relatively simple and can be done with one person. Had to make a few adjustments after install to get it to fit just right, and since then it's been great. I've had it on for almost 2 months now and I like the look and function of it. Happy to answer any questions you might have about it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Arokcrwlr

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have this bumper and I really like it. There was a minor issue where they forgot to include the piece that connects the tire carrier to the tailgate and I didn't realize until I had it almost completely installed. So had to secure the swing arm with some rope while they sent the part, which they were pretty quick to do. Instructions are mostly good and easy to follow. Install was relatively simple and can be done with one person. Had to make a few adjustments after install to get it to fit just right, and since then it's been great. I've had it on for almost 2 months now and I like the look and function of it. Happy to answer any questions you might have about it.
Can you take pics of the way the tire carrier connects to the tailgate? Does it hang any lower than the factory bumper? Thanks

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you take pics of the way the tire carrier connects to the tailgate? Does it hang any lower than the factory bumper? Thanks
I'll take pics tomorrow. There's a panel that replaced the factory tire carrier base plate that has the mounting points for the pivot arm. The other mount point is on the tore carrier. The pivot arm allows the tailgate and tire carrier to operate as a single unit.

I didn't measure the height of the factory plastic bumper. I can measure my bumper, though and you can compare.

Samsquanch75

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sasquatch 4dr, 2018 4Runner TRD OffRd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
just received mine yesterday, build quality looks great and was packaged well for shipping. I’ll be installing over the holidays and will update with some install info and pics. Will mention I ordered the bumper 4/22/2022, picked it up from Estes trucking yesterday 12/15/2022. The wait times are no joke, if you want one order soon and be prepared to wait.

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll take pics tomorrow. There's a panel that replaced the factory tire carrier base plate that has the mounting points for the pivot arm. The other mount point is on the tore carrier. The pivot arm allows the tailgate and tire carrier to operate as a single unit.

I didn't measure the height of the factory plastic bumper. I can measure my bumper, though and you can compare.
Sounds exactly like how the LoD Off-road one works.

Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've ran their trail series on my JK since 2009ish. ..... My Bronco should be here end of this month and the lead time for the bumpers is 3-5 months at this point....

Probably wait till near the end of the sale, still deciding on which hoop to go with.

Not a review but an endorsement. Just placed my order for both front and rear bumpers. Looks like I'll be sticking with the expedition-one for another 15 years or so.

Is there a market for take-off steel bumpers? I'm replacing the Badlands steel bumpers and front skid plate. Is there a demand from the other trim owners?

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there a market for take-off steel bumpers? I'm replacing the Badlands steel bumpers and front skid plate. Is there a demand from the other trim owners?
For the steel modular bumper - absolutely.
If it has the capable bumper - probably, but likely not as much.

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier 20221216_080549
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier 20221216_080613
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier 20221216_080628
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier 20221216_080635

Here are some pics of how it connects and also height of bumper. Kind oh hard to tell what's going. Bottom picture, I had the tailgate open to 45 degrees to try and open it up a bit. With the extra weight of the bumper, I sit almost level with factory HOSS 3.0 suspension. You lose your 3rd brake light, but I added the oracle brake light ring. Also have a Brandmotion rear camera, which explains the extra wires.

I also ordered mine way back in April and it was a 20-24 week lead time. Website now says something more reasonable, I think.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks good! They were so incapable of sharing any info on their product I went elsewhere.

From order to delivery was 3 weeks for a JCR front bumper. Rear is still in production.

Note: this doesn't look good at all, for 2 months That's quite a but of surface coating failure. Probably cuts its life down to "only" 10 years, but something to monitor.

Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier 20221216_080628

OP
OP
Arokcrwlr

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here are some pics of how it connects and also height of bumper. Kind oh hard to tell what's going. Bottom picture, I had the tailgate open to 45 degrees to try and open it up a bit. With the extra weight of the bumper, I sit almost level with factory HOSS 3.0 suspension. You lose your 3rd brake light, but I added the oracle brake light ring. Also have a Brandmotion rear camera, which explains the extra wires.

I also ordered mine way back in April and it was a 20-24 week lead time. Website now says something more reasonable, I think.
Thanks for the detailed pics - it looks good. I'm trying to determine if it's desirable to operate the tire carrier independant of the tailgate - like the SRQ bumper.

I don't have my Bronco yet, so don't know how the ground clearance compares.
Sponsored