Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

in that case is it just the bumper itself and the swing arm that comes from them? Odd when i talked to them on the phone they didnt tell me that. I wonder if there is anything else different between regular bronco and braptor fitment
Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in that case is it just the bumper itself and the swing arm that comes from them? Odd when i talked to them on the phone they didnt tell me that. I wonder if there is anything else different between regular bronco and braptor fitment
Link to install instructions
PowerPoint Presentation (exp-one.com)

You would need to drill holes in the proper location where the red arrow is.... not a big deal.

Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier bumper

BradenOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Wrangler, 21 Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know but they told me 20 weeks lol that's too long for me when I want something i want it now lol

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know but they told me 20 weeks lol that's too long for me when I want something i want it now lol
If that's the case, you must have purchased your Bronco off the lot :unsure:

BradenOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Wrangler, 21 Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If that's the case, you must have purchased your Bronco off the lot :unsure:
Nope ordered it

This is our fourth one reserved 2 originally and both came July 21 flipped one and drove other until upgrading to wildtrak
Made money on every one and all msrp

Waiting on the first one through reservation is completely different than waiting on a bumper that they had at least two years to design

I may not even own this vehicle in four months if my raptor comes in so why would I want to wait that long on a bumper but I called LOD and had it in 8 days

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Arrived yesterday, unpacked, and going on this weekend. Will do a short install thread.

Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier 20230511_070532

Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier 20230511_070545

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Arrived yesterday, unpacked, and going on this weekend. Will do a short install thread.

20230511_070532.jpg

20230511_070545.jpg
Hey just a tip for the swing gate bracket. I used some eva foam so it's not metal on paint 🤠

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier 20230511_070545

I got the bumpers and winch on but ain't finished yet. Some hardware was left out :( and the front end was lowered more than I would have thought. Between the full bull bar, winch w/syn rope, and skid plates she sat down 1.5" or more. The rear seemed to not squat at all; the rear factory capable bumper is heavier than you would think, so it may have added 50-60lb to the rear. The rear springs appear to be stiffer, and the front is extremely soft. Ordered some Eibach pro lift springs which just arrived, should get those on next weekend, going fishin' this weekend.

Does anyone have a good way to mount the front license plate? All the room is taken up by lights and sensors and the bottom is to sharp of an angle.

Also, if you don't have ACC cruise control you don't have a radar sensor, they fake you out with a empty plastic cover. I had assumed the emergency braking used a radar sensor but that appears to be taken care of by the front windshield camera. Face palm moment when I took off the front bumper. 🤦‍♂️

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have a video of the tailgate being opened (preferably with the spare off)? I'm confused how the gate and the tire mount can move together when their pivot points are on different axes (unless there's some sort of sliding mech between them, which doesn't seem like a great solution).

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone have a video of the tailgate being opened (preferably with the spare off)? I'm confused how the gate and the tire mount can move together when their pivot points are on different axes (unless there's some sort of sliding mech between them, which doesn't seem like a great solution).
The Expy-1 I had on my FJ used Heim Joints to correct the offset axis. It worked well. Assuming the Bronco will be similar. I haven't ordered one for the Bronco yet.

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

... I had the tailgate open to 45 degrees to try and open it up a bit...
20221216_080635.jpg

The linkage between the carrier and the tailgate swivels on both sides to account for the different swing axes.
It is just a simple 4-bar linkage.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For those that have installed this, did you mount the metal plate directly to the rear door, or did you place something like a thin layer of eva foam between the metal plate and painted rear door?

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

when u mounted the cutout lights, did you have to find a spacer for your light brackets? i have sqaudron sports and the mounts with them are way too short

image.jpg

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Adding to knowledge base for
future installs. If you go with baja squadrons, you will need a 1/4" and 1/8" ( or 3/8") spacer to get them centered perfectly and flush in the rear bumper.

And eva foam is a good idea on the door mount.

Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier IMG_0181

Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier IMG_0203

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Expedition One Raptor rear bumper and swing arm installed. I had the treadate powdercoated black vs leaving it aluminum. Used black hardware as well. Going to have the cap annodozed black as well. 3rd brake light not mounted yet as im working on a custom chaselight setup with it.

Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier IMG_0238
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier IMG_0239
Sponsored