First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS NB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dude... $350 and I have to advertise your product for you? Nah, I'll pass. I'm sure someone else will come up with one at 1/4 the price without their logo emblazoned in the middle.

To be honest, I like the looks otherwise, but a kit like that should be priced similarly to the "behind the tire" ring-lights ($75-100). Hell, Rugged Ridge was able to do it on the Wranglers for $49 as a plug-and-play to the CHMSL harness.
Sponsored

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I went with the Baja Designs chase light kit in white and added yellow rock guards to them.
They're connected to a SwitchPros so that I can strobe them on trails in the yellow, and take of the covers for night trails to improve visibility.
They're also great for warding of tailgaters. A super bright strobe to the face does the trick pretty efficiently.
PhotoGrid_Plus_1666016620384.jpg

Hey Michael,
The BD Reverse Kit is looking real nice on your Bronco. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the kit (y)(y)(y)
Best,
Brahian Herrera

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the Baja Designs chase light kit in white and added yellow rock guards to them.
They're connected to a SwitchPros so that I can strobe them on trails in the yellow, and take of the covers for night trails to improve visibility.
They're also great for warding of tailgaters. A super bright strobe to the face does the trick pretty efficiently.
PhotoGrid_Plus_1666016620384.jpg
jnlhti48xvwdyev2ac9vdjkyoxo425wrw1lkyue2&rid=giphy.gif

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dude... $350 and I have to advertise your product for you? Nah, I'll pass. I'm sure someone else will come up with one at 1/4 the price without their logo emblazoned in the middle.

To be honest, I like the looks otherwise, but a kit like that should be priced similarly to the "behind the tire" ring-lights ($75-100). Hell, Rugged Ridge was able to do it on the Wranglers for $49 as a plug-and-play to the CHMSL harness.
The inside wheel well ring lights and chase lights serve a completely different purpose. The ring lights serve as an extension of your brake lights, and chase lights serve as a bright light to see the terrain behind you, as well as to keep you visible in very dusty/foggy conditions, like on a trail. And also, another main use for me is to flash anyone tailgating me with an in your face blinding light pulse of light and they will back off immediately.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey Michael,
The BD Reverse Kit is looking real nice on your Bronco. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the kit (y)(y)(y)
Best,
Brahian Herrera
You should see the front. BD fog light kit and BD ditch lights
Ford Bronco Rigid Industries Ford Bronco Chase Light Kit PhotoGrid_Plus_1663172580184

and 8 BD rock lights, but I want more :oops:
Ford Bronco Rigid Industries Ford Bronco Chase Light Kit PhotoGrid_Plus_1651462468404(1)

Sponsored

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Rigid Industries Ford Bronco Chase Light Kit PhotoGrid_Plus_1651462468404(1)

Talk about smiles per lumens 😬(y) Looks super nice!!! Well feel free to reach out if you ever want to place an order. I will gladly hook you up.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Talk about smiles per lumens 😬(y) Looks super nice!!! Well feel free to reach out if you ever want to place an order. I will gladly hook you up.
Thx for the seal of approval!

I really want to add more rock lights and some bright lights to the roof rack on the sides, but I want something more flush and discreet up there.
Also for the rock lights, everything is wired. Can I tap into the current wiring to add more rock lights, or does each need to wired directly to the power source?

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just went with a rigid amber spot mounted off my rear carrier for a chase light.

i may swap it with a dual intensity light for or a Baja designs S1 as the current is on the bright side for anything but wide open dessert

95637403-471A-4D70-AD7C-882445F6E018.jpeg

8681DF2D-F36F-4B57-B016-5CA3D5CE5686.jpeg

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thought you had a second light in year spare tire for a minute there.
FYI BDs are great if you're looking for more light.
If I may, I also suggest a SwitchPros swap for the AUX switches.
The add more power, a strobe/burst function, on at start function, and most importantly, dimmer.
What are you using for your traction board mount?

Last edited:

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thx for the seal of approval!

I really want to add more rock lights and some bright lights to the roof rack on the sides, but I want something more flush and discreet up there.
Also for the rock lights, everything is wired. Can I tap into the current wiring to add more rock lights, or does each need to wired directly to the power source?

Yes you can tap in to the current wiring (y)
If you are looking for something more discreet and sleek I would recommend checking out our S8 Light Bar.

Sponsored

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought you had a second light in year spare tire for a minute there.
FYI BDs are great if you're looking for more light.
If I may, I also suggest a SwitchPros swap for the AUX switches.
The add more power, a strobe/burst function, on at start function, and most importantly, dimmer.
What are you using for your traction board mount?
Ya photo reflection there adding the extra flare :)

Love the switch pros but I typically run a whelen siren controller when I run out of switches. The BD S1 is less light than this rigid. I have a mix of BD and Rigid lights on my 4 rigs and have found I have preferences for different applications.

the traction board mount is home made. I made a mount and attached it to a rough country tail gate heres some info: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/maxtrax-mount-for-rear-swing-gate.50529/

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ya photo reflection there adding the extra flare :)

Love the switch pros but I typically run a whelen siren controller when I run out of switches. The BD S1 is less light than this rigid. I have a mix of BD and Rigid lights on my 4 rigs and have found I have preferences for different applications.

the traction board mount is home made. I made a mount and attached it to a rough country tail gate heres some info: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/maxtrax-mount-for-rear-swing-gate.50529/
But can the whelen mount this nicely?
Ford Bronco Rigid Industries Ford Bronco Chase Light Kit PhotoGrid_Plus_1654973777025

I'm just showing off. I didn't even know what Whelen was until now.

As for the BD vs Rigid, yeah, you'd need a Squadron Pro for your application. I agree, all lights do different things better.

I have Bajas for all of my spots, and Diode for lower light bar. The roof dual row light bar is from North Lights Co, and it was a gamble but wow, it is my favorite light now.

Thx for help on the board mounts! I have a Hammerbuilt rear mount but I think they're pretty similar so I might just try this out. Very innovative!

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn't either - I was looking for other rear light solutions and the local truck accessory place brought this to my attention.

I do wish it didn't say "Rigid" on it, but it's not a deal breaker. Check out this video - It's very helpful on the light's functions. It looks great IMO!

The Rigid IS a deal breaker for me. Off road brands I am tired of making my ride a billboard for you. If you want to charge less I will consider advertising your brand... LOL

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rigid Industries Ford Bronco Chase Light Kit PhotoGrid_Plus_1654973777025

Looks killer! I have a bunch of BD lights on mine as well but damn nothing like being blinded in the dust with too many lumens if you are not leading the pack. I had to switch most of mine off in Ocotillo a few weeks ago. LOL