Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Dr Soft Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That looks sweet. But you lose the ability to remove the end caps on the bumper. This has been my only issue with a setup like that.
The end caps come right off without affecting the lights, which hang independently from a bracket attached to 3 bronco bolts on the underside of the pocket. i.e. the lights hang from the top part...

With that said, the lights would then be exposed to rocks etc., but you can remove the whole bracket as well by just removing the 3 bronco bolts and unplugging the lights. It takes longer to remove the end caps (6 bolts) than it does to remove the lights (3 bolts).
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The end caps come right off without affecting the lights, which hang independently from a bracket attached to 3 bronco bolts on the underside of the pocket. i.e. the lights hang from the top part...

With that said, the lights would then be exposed to rocks etc., but you can remove the whole bracket as well by just removing the 3 bronco bolts and unplugging the lights. It takes longer to remove the end caps (6 bolts) than it does to remove the lights (3 bolts).

Yeah I worded that badly. I meant basically what you said, that the lights are exposed. That you can't take the cap off without the lights fully exposed. But it's good to know the bracket comes off so quickly and easily.

I'll most likely be mounting somewhere else still for various reasons. Mainly I don't completely like the look of square lights in that opening. Now that I've seen the setup a lot, I'm not digging it. I also don't feel like realigning the fog lights everytime I reattach.

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Teralume Industries from Australia make good lights.

They have higher ratings for dust/water ingress, electrical interference and g-force than the American offerings.

Also they have a longer diode lifetime and the lumen ratings are Effective, not Raw output.

Bonus is that the units are a lot cheaper, then factor in exchange rate and it's even cheaper........even with shipping from Australia.
Ordered their ICON LED driving lights today (8.5). Pics to follow. Great spec, great price. Shipping was reasonable esp. given the distance.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered their ICON LED driving lights today (8.5). Pics to follow. Great spec, great price. Shipping was reasonable esp. given the distance.
$200AUD to ship to Vancouver, Canada and that was for 2 Icons and a 40" bar. Pretty good if you ask me.

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mounted a pair of Rigid D-series SAE fog lights in each pocket using the KR Offroad bracket from 4x4truckLEDs. For ditch lights, I got the Rigid Radiance with amber backlight - certainly not as bright but fine for ditch lights. I'm contemplating either 4" or 6" Rigid 360-series hanging from the safari bar...

IMG_0679.jpeg
Replying to myself... here is a pic of my new Rigid 360 6" spot lights hanging from the safari bar.

Ford Bronco Rigid lights 912A333E-0D49-4271-88DD-7FC5B9A93730_1_105_c

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is wrong with light bar? How about both pods and light bar?
You get a lot more versatility out of pods than a light bar. You could have different pods with different patterns as well as adjusting them to point in different directions. Light bars are great for their purpose but don't give you as much control as pods. Just one beam pattern facing in one direction.

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What did you use for a mount on your bull bar? Do you have a link?
https://axiaalloys.com/product/small-light-mount-for-4-and-smaller/
I used two of these (2" dia, black e-coat) on each 6" light. These work great since the Rigid bracket has three carriage bolt holes. Note also that the Rigid bracket can be mounted hanging from the top (as shown) without flipping the lights themselves upside down. The adjustment range is about +5 deg to -45 deg, and the housing is symmetrical on top / bottom.

Ford Bronco Rigid lights 1649420160465

Manual2dr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://axiaalloys.com/product/small-light-mount-for-4-and-smaller/
I used two of these (2" dia, black e-coat) on each 6" light. These work great since the Rigid bracket has three carriage bolt holes. Note also that the Rigid bracket can be mounted hanging from the top (as shown) without flipping the lights themselves upside down. The adjustment range is about +5 deg to -45 deg, and the housing is symmetrical on top / bottom.

Ford Bronco Rigid lights 1649420160465
Thanks for the info and close up pic, those are the same lights I am planning on using, been trying to find mounts.

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I have read a bunch of threads but have a basic question. I assume the install on all the aux lights is easy, based off the videos with the light bar on top of the windshield being the most difficult (why they didn’t predrill and plug I don’t know). Anyway, does anyone know the mode numbers for the lights Ford offers. Wondering about cost of getting it from Ford vs. aftermarket. I’m not worried about the warrantee (it’s a led light at 200 plus should last longer than 3 year). I am worried I am paying way to much for something that can be done for half the cost for better lights. Other options I want to go with Ford knowing it may cost more but wanting a cool looking truck immediately (a lot of aftermarket stuff will take 1-2 years to come out). Any advise on lights or what Ford rigid model numbers are would be much appreciated. I also noticed they only let you select the light bar OR the pods, why not both?
If you think wiring in the circuit on the top is the most difficult, then you have no idea what you are in store for wiring up something in the back. ;-) Just saying

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since this is the official Rigid light post, does anyone know if flipping the faceplate so the logo doesn't display the logo upside down will void your warranty?

I picked up a couple of amber lights this evening and would prefer the right side up displayed.

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since this is the official Rigid light post, does anyone know if flipping the faceplate so the logo doesn't display the logo upside down will void your warranty?

I picked up a couple of amber lights this evening and would prefer the right side up displayed.
With the Rigid D-series (3" square) the mount point is below center, so the bracket can only be mounted on the bottom. They do, however, offer a longer "extended" bracket that can be mounted hanging from above. Hence, the logo is right side up. I don't think you can flip the faceplate. With the Rigid 360 series (6" round), the bracket mounts symmetrically on either the top or the bottom, so the logo will be right side up.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With the Rigid D-series (3" square) the mount point is below center, so the bracket can only be mounted on the bottom. They do, however, offer a longer "extended" bracket that can be mounted hanging from above. Hence, the logo is right side up. I don't think you can flip the faceplate. With the Rigid 360 series (6" round), the bracket mounts symmetrically on either the top or the bottom, so the logo will be right side up.
Thank you, I shall do the international google search for thy brackets. once again, thank you sir!~
Sponsored