Rigid lights

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I have read a bunch of threads but have a basic question. I assume the install on all the aux lights is easy, based off the videos with the light bar on top of the windshield being the most difficult (why they didn’t predrill and plug I don’t know). Anyway, does anyone know the mode numbers for the lights Ford offers. Wondering about cost of getting it from Ford vs. aftermarket. I’m not worried about the warrantee (it’s a led light at 200 plus should last longer than 3 year). I am worried I am paying way to much for something that can be done for half the cost for better lights. Other options I want to go with Ford knowing it may cost more but wanting a cool looking truck immediately (a lot of aftermarket stuff will take 1-2 years to come out). Any advise on lights or what Ford rigid model numbers are would be much appreciated. I also noticed they only let you select the light bar OR the pods, why not both?
Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The pods look exactly like 4" 360's to me.

I have read that the bar is a Radiance Plus SR.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I have read a bunch of threads but have a basic question. I assume the install on all the aux lights is easy, based off the videos with the light bar on top of the windshield being the most difficult (why they didn’t predrill and plug I don’t know). Anyway, does anyone know the mode numbers for the lights Ford offers. Wondering about cost of getting it from Ford vs. aftermarket. I’m not worried about the warrantee (it’s a led light at 200 plus should last longer than 3 year). I am worried I am paying way to much for something that can be done for half the cost for better lights. Other options I want to go with Ford knowing it may cost more but wanting a cool looking truck immediately (a lot of aftermarket stuff will take 1-2 years to come out). Any advise on lights or what Ford rigid model numbers are would be much appreciated. I also noticed they only let you select the light bar OR the pods, why not both?
GVWR maybe? It certainly isn't current draw being that they are LEDs.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can tell you the Rigid 4 inch 360 series lights from Ford are twice the cost as retail.
They are great lights (I've used them on prior rigs) and will get them again for the Bronco.
This time I am bumping it up to the 6 inch.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So you recommend doing aftermarket? Even for the bar across the top?

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rigid s are expensive any way you slice it.
I have a 30” on my F-150. Got a deal on it but retail was close to $600 brand new over 5 years ago.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So you recommend doing aftermarket? Even for the bar across the top?
I am not a light bar guy, but buy your off road lights post sale and install yourself if you want to save a bunch of money. Ford doesn't make their own off road lights, so in reality they are aftermarket.
Rigid, Baja Designs, and KC are brands to check out.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am planning on doing lights aftermarket to save money. You can get bigger lights for less DIY.

Also your comment about waiting 1-2 years for aftermarket items. You may be surprised. There have been some leaks on here about companies that have to wait until so many Broncos are delivered before release. If we have just a portion of the companies already in development there could be a good selection within 6 months. Yes this is speculation but I think it is promising.

BkCntryCrwlr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Once Bronco's start driving around, there will be a flood of aftermarket items on the market including LED lights/brackets/mounts. As an example, I put a 40" light bar in the grill of my F250, Rigid would have been over $1000. I went with a mid-range light bar for about $380 figuring I could replace it 2 to 3 times for what the Rigid cost.

There are lots of options for LED lights from super cheap Chinese options, mid-level options to the hight end. I used:

https://extremeledlightbars.com

This has been a great light and will look at them for adding lights to my Bronco.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What is wrong with light bar? How about both pods and light bar?

Sponsored

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Teralume Industries from Australia make good lights.

They have higher ratings for dust/water ingress, electrical interference and g-force than the American offerings.

Also they have a longer diode lifetime and the lumen ratings are Effective, not Raw output.

Bonus is that the units are a lot cheaper, then factor in exchange rate and it's even cheaper........even with shipping from Australia.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2 years for aftermarket equipment?? I give it 2 months and there will be a shit load of goodies. Things like lights aren't bronco specific, though. You can buy them right now if you wish.

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan to go with KC Pro6 lights in place of the light bar. I like the look much better. Plus I can configure them as I want. Even replace a bad unit if needed.
The aftermarket industry is already working hard to get products ready.

dbweb

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Pro 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was going to do the Underbody Light kit but, after my dealer told me that he would let me know the installation charge when they arrived I decided to install aftermarket ones myself and save some cash. Not sure why I did not realize that there would be in installation charge on a DIO but I am also reconsidering the going with an aftermarket winch now.
Sponsored