Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi All,
I'm interested in rock lights but I don't know anything. My main goal is to entertain my 3-5 year olds with them. My question is how are the Ford accessory catalogue fog lights set up. Do they go to one of the pre installed aux switches? or do they have their own button? I'd like to upgrade to multi color LED lights but I have no idea what that entails. Any guidance would be appreciated. I was considering ordering the DIO ones and switching them out at some point for multi color.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dom

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following... You're talking about the wheel well lights I assume?
It would be cool to have these light up with the fov/unlock button... But make it optional to switch on from the AUX switch as well.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi All,
I'm interested in rock lights but I don't know anything. My main goal is to entertain my 3-5 year olds with them. My question is how are the Ford accessory catalogue fog lights set up. Do they go to one of the pre installed aux switches? or do they have their own button? I'd like to upgrade to multi color LED lights but I have no idea what that entails. Any guidance would be appreciated. I was considering ordering the DIO ones and switching them out at some point for multi color.
I got rock lights for mine and i will be wiring them to one of the uplifter switches and that's how i will operate them 2 of the switches work while the vehicle is off so I'll wire it to one of those as it's a cool feature when the car is parked. the set i got did come with a switch so im just going to bypas that and use the uplifter switch instead. When i get my bronco in NOV? Maybe?. I'll post something about it. I also got the fog light for that badlands MOD Bumper.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

KCs have these and you can control with the app…

rock lights are entertaining for the kids, i have them on my side by side and pull trailer full of kids during Halloween and Christmas time..

https://www.kchilites.com/kc-c-series-rgb-led-rock-light-kit-6-pc-339.html
Thanks all and these KC lights look perfect. I like the idea of them being on a switch that can be used when the car is off. I'm still trying to find excuses for all those switches, haha. Id assume a lot of random local audio/tinting places can install these.

1 switch down!

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks all and these KC lights look perfect. I like the idea of them being on a switch that can be used when the car is off. I'm still trying to find excuses for all those switches, haha. Id assume a lot of random local audio/tinting places can install these.

1 switch down!
That's a complete package so the install wouldn't be very difficult. You should look into it more and do it yourself. You'll have a blast.

OP
OP

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's a complete package so the install wouldn't be very difficult. You should look into it more and do it yourself. You'll have a blast.
Could be a fun easy project and my kids will think I know how to fix cars. Seems under my 3 beer project time frame as well. Would you secure the wires to the undercarriage with tape?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi All,
I'd avoid buying those Ford 'Kits' and buy aftermarket. You'll get better parts for less $$

So we sell 2 kinds of rock lights. Baja Designs and KC HiLites. We stock the Baja Designs ones and their complete rock light kits include 4 rock lights and a wiring harness. They are NOT multi-color so you'd want to select a color. and honestly anything "quality" is going to be a solid color. The RGB stuff you see, it's usually pretty cheaply made.

You'd basically run the wires wherever you can up to an upfitter. 1 upfitter will turn on all 4 lights, so it's not too difficult. The hardest part is just hiding the wires along the frame. Everything else is plug and play for the most part

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-rock-lights/

While not a Bronco, here's an example of the Baja Designs rock lights
Ford Bronco Rock Lights 1630620317756

As for the fog lights, if you want the best, go with again Baja Designs. They have a triple fog kit that utilizes your existing upfitters. One upfitter switch per pair of fogs (you get 3 pairs if you have the HD Modular bumper). Check out the fog kit here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-fog-pocket-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-modular-bumper/ and you choose any combination of patterns/colors (white or yellow/amber that is)

Ford Bronco Rock Lights 1630620356317

Feel free to message me for help on lighting. Even if we don't sell it and you WANT it, we'll help point you in the right direction.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Vision X makes a kit I was eyeing also...thanks for the link to the KC I had not seen those.
Vision X 6 Rock Light Pod kit

Alternatively if they are cheaply made go with a set from Amazon...looks like you could get a couple of these sets for the price of 1 of the name brand:
MIC Tuning - Amazon

Last edited:

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Alternatively if they are cheaply made go with a set from Amazon...looks like you could get a couple of these sets for the price of 1 of the name brand:
MIC Tuning - Amazon
I was one of MANY that had the wireless connect once and never again. Box also got hot, so I yanked it and replaced them with some better ones.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

DEFINTELY want to do green lights on a 2 door eruption green. "SHE WILL BE MINE, OH YES, SHE WILL BE MINE"

• Love
Reactions: Dom

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was one of MANY that had the wireless connect once and never again. Box also got hot, so I yanked it and replaced them with some better ones.
What did you replace them with?
Looks like the KC are also wireless (phone app / Bluetooth)
Vision X is wireless also with provided remote but maybe you are only referencing Bluetooth.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What did you replace them with?
Looks like the KC are also wireless (phone app / Bluetooth)
Vision X is wireless also with provided remote but maybe you are only referencing Bluetooth.
I was just referencing the MIC versions. The reviews are definitely spot on. Some work, some don’t. I think any leading brand would be fine. I went to switched lights (and also turned on with my auto start).

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Could be a fun easy project and my kids will think I know how to fix cars. Seems under my 3 beer project time frame as well. Would you secure the wires to the undercarriage with tape?
Oh god, DO NOT use tape. I would run these leads to the front by attaching them with tie wraps to existing wires or metal parts. If they are in an exposed area I would use some sort of protective barrier as well, like a spiral wrap or corrugated wrap. It won't be difficult to do it this way and you can feel good about it not failing due to poorly hung or exposed wires. Watch some youtube videos of guys doing their own installs to get ideas. That's what I would do.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

These KC and Vision X look like quality products. I like the fact that you have different color options with the KC lights. Aluminum housing and poly carbonite lenses, 9w per LED. I really like these.
Sponsored