swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got these installed and they are every bit as good as expected. Got the light add on kit as well. Not only do these make entering a breeze, but they will help spare wear on the seat side bolsters.

Ford Bronco Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders Installed (Some Raptor Specifics) PXL_20240119_192126604
Ford Bronco Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders Installed (Some Raptor Specifics) PXL_20240119_192226393

I considered removing the badge, but decided to paint it semi-gloss black instead (later).

Raptor specific install notes:
  1. The first spacer plate (@5:41 here) is not used on the Raptor. It will result in a crooked slider)
  2. Flap trim on front is required on Raptor, not on other models.
    Ford Bronco Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders Installed (Some Raptor Specifics) PXL_20240119_192138540
Unfortunately, like others, I have 1 bad door sensor, which takes an extra strong magnet to activate. RSE suggested not trying to run a custom magnet, but sent out a new free sensor. Luckily, by simply disconnecting the bad sensor from the harness, all other doors work and I can fully enjoy these until the new sensor arrives.

Lastly, the edge seal fits perfectly flush against the rocker panel and makes for such a nice clean install.
Sponsored

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks good. Full side pic would be appreciated. Curious how they change the look.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks good. Full side pic would be appreciated. Curious how they change the look.
Only for the better IMHO. Looks way better than traditional tube material sliders.

Ford Bronco Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders Installed (Some Raptor Specifics) PXL_20240119_215634284

Ford Bronco Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders Installed (Some Raptor Specifics) PXL_20240119_215643931
Ford Bronco Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders Installed (Some Raptor Specifics) PXL_20240119_215655313

Last edited:

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Those look great, and I thought about getting some, but going down a gravel Road you can hear all the rocks hitting the stock steps and protecting my paint.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Those look great, and I thought about getting some, but going down a gravel Road you can hear all the rocks hitting the stock steps and protecting my paint.
Yeah, they won't have as much gravel protection as factory Raptor ones, bug they still do offer protection. Anyway, that is what PPF is for...

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

And these seem to protect even better than the stock steps I had... There is even a rubber gasket seal that seals between the step and the body. Nothing gets up between. Stock steps on mine had an air gap.

Caveat: I do not have a Raptor. I have a heritage limited 2 door.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great work.. I have installed three sets of these on 4-Door Broncos here in Alaska.. The biggest challenge I have / had is dampness and ice constantly taking out the magnet.. I tried various adhesives and finally I tried a JB Weld variant that has survived the week.. Ice and snow and melting and freezing acts on the sensors, but the sliders work well in this environment. I have destroyed the mechanism in one rock Slider recently.. I lost a magnet just as I was lowering Bronco from ramps.. the step came down on ramp and broke the mechanism .. oops .. Fortunately, had another full set to replace the drivers side. Just WATCH out for the magnets coming off and “sticking” to lower door sill..

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Dorf2point0 have you tried double sided foam tape? Clean surface with isopropyl alcohol first. You could even consider the VHB (very high bond) variety of foam tape.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the concept of these and think they do look good. Here were my concerns when I was wrestling with the decision:

1. Weight bearing capabilities of the slide down step. Not everyone getting in/out weighs 200# or less. Really not certain if 200# is the true max weight capability but seeing how the step comes down it seems logical that weight bearing capacity will be less than traditional styles. Or they will wear prematurely.

2. Not really certain how the mechanical aspect holds up to abuse. Snow, ice, rain, slamming down on rocks and just getting banged on. Unless I break a traditional slider, it works. No magnets or sensors or moving mechanisms to worry about.

3. Website says for moderate abuse and additional plates are required for heavy abuse. That makes a costly item, even more so.

4. Cost is relative. Better things cost more money and I'm okay with paying for things that make sense to me and are higher quality. To me, part of their magic sauce is also where I was concerned about failure so I struggled with their ask price.

I am still intrigued by them and may be a future buyer as more people buy them and report back their experiences, both good & bad. Kudos on making the right decision for you. They do look great and wishing you lots of luck w/ them!

Spellseer

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 KR, HD FXSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the magnet problem on my passenger side. Took it back to the installer and they reinstalled it which seemed to work. I get home from picking it up and the step is down again. Called RSE (super helpful) and they gave me a solution to try. Removed the sill cover and reran the wires away from the magnet - instead of bunched up near - and ever since have not had a single problem. Only complaint is the step is rather narrow. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

Cliff B

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979Bronco Ranger XLT, 2017 4Runnner Limited 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed these on my wife's 2021 Badlands about a year ago, we couldn't be happier with them. Once you get the magnets in the right spot they work exactly as designed.

As for weight, I'm just over 200 and do not notice any difference in rigidity after getting in and out countless times.

Sean6365

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor, 08 Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the info, I actually ordered a set from RSE at the Overland Expo last year for my ordered 24 Wildtrak, but passed up on it when it arrived at got a 23 Braptor recently. Looking to install these on my Braptor in the next few weeks.
Sponsored