Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am looking for an affordable storage case that is suitable for mounting on a roof rack. I am tired of rooftop bags that get brittle and are hard to work with in freezing temperatures. I have run through a few different bag options and am fed up with them. I travel through the Rockies during freezing weather frequently and am searching for a box that wont break the bank. It has to fit beside a snowboard rack that takes up the entire drivers side of the Bronco. Roam cases are awesome but pricey and also too small for my needs. has anyone had any luck with surplus rotomolded cases?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AttackGuy64

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pelican.

But since you knocked down Roam already, Pelican cases may also be over-budget.
Thanks for the response. Roam is nice but the size is too small. I've looked at the 105 and its still not big enough for my needs. I was hoping someone had something besides the usual suspects.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the response. Roam is nice but the size is too small. I've looked at the 105 and its still not big enough for my needs. I was hoping someone had something besides the usual suspects.
If you want a cargo box, FB marketplace is the place to go. Most Thule and Yakima cargo boxes in ski length are going for $400 on the low end to 7 or 8 for NIB or for those only used once. And of course there are plenty for over $1000. I picked up a Thule 1700 from FB Marketplace today for $200. They used to be a cool grand when they were for sale new.

Here's a pic after I tossed it up for the drive home. I never knew it was up there for the 15 miles back on highway and surface streets. It could have fit to my OEM roof rack but I already had the Yakima LocknLoad up there and it fit fine to that too.

Ford Bronco Rooftop Bag or Box? 70146188096__04C7F05F-8CF2-4607-9DB3-24BA5BDC966E

OP
OP
AttackGuy64

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model